GDT: TankTown Express: LA Night. Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We play like this from here on out and only lose by 1 and I will be very happy.
I'll take it. We were winning too many games. I'd hate for them to land one place too far out to get the centre or D-Man they want. But it was good that they kept fighting back, and didn't embarrass themselves. Still, Berube and Armstrong keep getting it hammered home that they'll have to do something about the defenceman corps, team defence, and penalty kill teams during the coming off season. Perhaps the special teams coaches should be replaced?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jeesus Hofer was bad. That one sh goal remind of Allen kitten soft.

8004260288781_3.JPG

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Not the best game for hofer. 1 weak voal and another goal I thought he was delayed and took to long to respond to long pass and get over. Also a ridiculous number of early game powerplays for the kings.

Oh well. Learning experience for hofer. Let's see how he bounces back

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Glad Hofer channeled his inner Binnington and brought us home this loss. The remainder of the schedule is full of East matchups. We’re going to need commitment from everyone to drag this thing as close to the bottom as possible.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hofer sent down. Nice. Should be lots of losses in our future. Army understands the assignment.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
The test I feared for Hofer. Did not look ready or was off-focus.

BOS, NYR, MIN, DAL, DAL are what I would consider playoff teams where I think Hofer could learn something.

He'll have stuff to work on over the summer, for sure.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Glad Hofer channeled his inner Binnington and brought us home this loss. The remainder of the schedule is full of East matchups. We’re going to need commitment from everyone to drag this thing as close to the bottom as possible.

Those goals last night were not really on Hofer. Sure he could have played better but it's not like his played is the reason those goals were scored. But you keep doing you boo boo and complain about shit that you obviously don't understand.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I would love nothing more than to watch this team pile up goals for another 3 weeks while managing to earn just a handful of standings points. We've scored the 3rd most goals in the league since the trade deadline (and 6th most goals per game). Keep doing that for the next 9 games and that would be a 21 game sample of a legitimately good offense.

That would be enough for me to be comfortable with Army spending the summer upgrading the D, instructing Berube to bring a new/better system to camp and then taking the first 2 months to evaluate what the hell this team is without worrying that it will be just abysmal to watch.

Last night was fun.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
You know, if we had just run their goalie I think we could have made it all the way back and won this game. Where are Jaime Storr and Geoff Courtnall when you need them?
I was absolutely expecting us to run their goalie the way things were going.

I would love nothing more than to watch this team pile up goals for another 3 weeks while managing to earn just a handful of standings points. We've scored the 3rd most goals in the league since the trade deadline (and 6th most goals per game). Keep doing that for the next 9 games and that would be a 21 game sample of a legitimately good offense.

That would be enough for me to be comfortable with Army spending the summer upgrading the D, instructing Berube to bring a new/better system to camp and then taking the first 2 months to evaluate what the hell this team is without worrying that it will be just abysmal to watch.

Last night was fun.
Seriously. It was a bad game but not a bad loss. We showed some guts. If we do that and lose, I can live and be happy with that.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Those goals last night were not really on Hofer. Sure he could have played better but it's not like his played is the reason those goals were scored. But you keep doing you boo boo and complain about shit that you obviously don't understand.
The 1st goal was stoppable, the shorthanded goal was completely weak, and one of the powerplay goals (dont remember for sure but think think it was his 5th goal but maybe his 4th)although was a one timer, the pas was from almost the blue line and not that hard yet hofer reacted late on getting to the corner of the net. He definitely had a bad game but it was bound to happen at some point. I would ha e liked to see him stay up to see how he'd react and bounce back from a rough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad