Tanks for the memories. Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Worst case scenario is Calgary moves up and we have have to watch them & Edmonton rule the West for a decade. I'm sure those who were around for the 80s will enjoy reliving that.

Edmonton.... :lol:

They are a disaster. If you want a good laugh today go read all the articles in the Edmonton papers how the players are looking so much towards playing in their new building, because it will be a fresh start and they will all of the sudden be better because of it. A pig in a 3 piece suit is still a pig.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Edmonton.... :lol:

They are a disaster. If you want a good laugh today go read all the articles in the Edmonton papers how the players are looking so much towards playing in their new building, because it will be a fresh start and they will all of the sudden be better because of it. A pig in a 3 piece suit is still a pig.

You won't be laughing when they're winning Cups.

They've got to make some big moves there, but McDavid/Draisaitl is going to be the best 1-2 C punch in the NHL for a long long time.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

They've got to make some big moves there, but McDavid/Draisaitl is going to be the best 1-2 C punch in the NHL for a long long time.

Not better than Crosby and Malkin and the dynamic duo has yielded one cup when they were really young. I love McDavid but super stars in and of themselves don't ensure cups.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
5th last finish odds picking:
1st: 8.5%
2nd: 8.8%
3rd: 9.0%
4th:0.0%
5th: 9.10%
6th: 35.5%
7th: 25.5%
8th: 3.69%

6th last finish odds picking:
1st: 7.5%
2nd: 7.8%
3rd: 8.2%
5th: 0.0%
6th: 17.6%
7th: 39.32%
8th: 17.9%
9th: 1.7%

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Not better than Crosby and Malkin and the dynamic duo has yielded one cup when they were really young. I love McDavid but super stars in and of themselves don't ensure cups.

Two wins away from a 2nd Cup, have made the playoffs ten years straight. They're the hottest team in the East entering this year's post-season....

I'd take that.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Same was said with Hall Eberle RNH Yak.....I'll believe it when I see it

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Having good players does not equate to having a good team. At no time in the history of the NHL has a team been set up better via the draft picks they were handed....And the results have been year after year of losing. Don't see that changing unless the Oilers start trading everyone for veteran talent.

Good players, just no team cohesiveness

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Would have liked to lose some of these games down the stretch (LA, Min, Ana, SJ) to give us better odds, but it's always coming down to the luck of the draw anyway.

Jets have the second best last 10 games of all the 14 non playoff teams (1st is Buffalo). Maybe there will be non tank karma.

That would be a fun and fitting karmic end to this lost season, wouldn't it?

"And with the 1st overall pick, the Jets select Austin Mathews".

5th last finish odds picking:
1st: 8.5%
2nd: 8.8%
3rd: 9.0%
5th: 9.10%
6th: 35.5%
7th: 25.5%
8th: 3.69%

6th last finish odds picking:
1st: 7.5%
2nd: 7.8%
3rd: 8.2%
5th: 0.0%
6th: 17.6%
7th: 39.32%
8th: 17.9%
9th: 1.7%

I would prefer 5th but this one isn't really worth getting too bent out of shape over. :laugh: Now in saying that Calgary dumped the last game of the season to us in 2014 to set us back a few spots so maybe they owe us one. Minny is playing for nothing against Calgary so there is some hope Calgary wins that game. We need the Ducks to go into Colorado and win Saturday afternoon and put the pressure on LA to win the division against us. I guess there is a shot at 5th but like I said I am not going to get to concerned. Like the other boys said I am hoping for some Karma this year. Have the Jets ever got really lucky on anything in their history in the NHL? Are we due for a moment?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two wins away from a 2nd Cup, have made the playoffs ten years straight. They're the hottest team in the East entering this year's post-season....

I'd take that.

I would take it in a heart beat but Edmonton does not have Crosby Malkin yet by a long shot. If they grab Matthews then I think there is reason to be a bit more optimistic but their team still has some gaping holes in it.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Having good players does not equate to having a good team. At no time in the history of the NHL has a team been set up better via the draft picks they were handed....And the results have been year after year of losing. Don't see that changing unless the Oilers start trading everyone for veteran talent.
The pre-McDavid years are barely relevant. RNH & Yak would rank in the bottom 3 among #1 overall picks over the last 15 years. Connor may prove to be the best.
He wasn't going to right the ship in his rookie year (Crosby didn't either), only played 45 games.

Draisaitl is the 2nd most important piece on that roster looking ahead (barring lottery results) and he just played his first full season.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The pre-McDavid years are barely relevant moving forward. The kid wasn't going to right the ship in his rookie year (Crosby didn't either) plus he only played 45 games.

Draisaitl is the 2nd most important piece on that roster looking ahead (barring lottery results) and he just played his first full season in the NHL as well.

You know there is an Oilers forum? You seem like you are an Oilers fan.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I think we should wait to see opening regular season day roster before starting 2016/17 tank thread.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
The pre-McDavid years are barely relevant moving forward. The kid wasn't going to right the ship in his rookie year (Crosby didn't either) plus he only played 45 games.

Draisaitl is the 2nd most important piece on that roster looking ahead (barring lottery results) and he just played his first full season in the NHL as well.

So the goal then is to just tank year after year and hope one of your 1st overall picks will save the team? Whats to say this years draft is not just our 'barely relevant' pre-McDavid years?

Will not be surprised if Oilers are near last again next year. It's more then having an elite pick or two or seven.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think we should wait to see opening regular season day roster before starting 2016/17 tank thread.

Using this as a jumping off point: we'll do one more tank thread in a few posts when we hit the thread post limit, then that thread will get closed as soon as the final game is played.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Yup I agree Scheif has exploded and who here thinks he can't get better yet? Tonight hurts but our 1st line is insane now, I know this because I have been cheering against them for a few games and they scare the **** out of me every time they touch the puck.

Petan is also looking great now too.

Seriously NEED to find a place in the top 9 for Petan. The other rook spot IMO is between Armia & Dano (although Lemieux may be figuring in there by next year as well). Hey, I have an idea, lets send Peluso packing and Thorbs to the PB.:rant:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Last night while watching the team work so hard, I was thinking how much of a kick in the testicles it was to suggest to them that they should tank. Essentially it would be saying to them that they aren't good enough, and that they need a specific player in order to be a great team.

How would I feel about that if I were them? I think I would harbor some resentment over that suggestion, and come out with guns blazing to prove that I was good enough. That seems to be what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad