Tanks for the memories. Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
For when the other thread gets closed.

Mod edit: as per KingBogo's request, here's Guilty Party's "Tank Table". One of the mods will keep it updated in this post as we go.

TEAM|PTS|MAX|LOW|MON 4|TUES 5|WED 6|THURS 7| FRI 8 |SAT 9
Edmonton|67|71|30|||VAN|||@VAN
Toronto|67|75|30|FLA||CBJ|@PHI||@NJD
Columbus|70|78|30|NYR||@TOR||@BUF|CHI
Vancouver|71|79|30|LAK||@EDM|@CGY||EDM
Winnipeg|72|78|29||@ANA||@SJS||@LAK
Calgary|72|78|29||LAK||VAN||@MIN
Buffalo|77|83|28||@NJD|||CBJ|@NYI
Arizona|77|85|28|@STL|@CHI||@NSH||@SJS

Last edited by a moderator:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
image.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I feel that was a very big loss. We are down to being a 1 line team now and that is not pretty. hard to gain ground when teams around us suck but this was pretty winnable and we dumped it clean which was not easy. :yo:

Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down. One step back boys no big deal.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Edmonton v Vancouver on the last night of the regular season is looking like it could be the Greatest Tank Battle of all time.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
We play at the same time in LA as Edmonton in Vancouver on April 9 to end the season.

Everybody but Edmonton and us in action tomorrow. Toronto in Buffalo is the key match.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I feel that was a very big loss. We are down to being a 1 line team now and that is not pretty. hard to gain ground when teams around us suck but this was pretty winnable and we dumped it clean which was not easy. :yo:

Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down. One step back boys no big deal.

We are also a 1 defenseman team and it looked ugly tonight.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Yep. We are proving to be a pretty tough tank competitor. Keeping things just close enough and then letting it slip away at the end.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We are also a 1 defenseman team and it looked ugly tonight.

Interesting to see if the stars line up for us here in this last 5 games? Say what you will but this is a close league and outside of Vancouver everyone still seems to get their pound of flesh and play within a game or two of .500 most of the time. 5 tough games left with a decimated squad so we have some hope.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
5 more losses is unlikely, but not out of the question. First lottery seed is in sight.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Interesting to see if the stars line up for us here in this last 5 games? Say what you will but this is a close league and outside of Vancouver everyone still seems to get their pound of flesh and play within a game or two of .500 most of the time. 5 tough games left with a decimated squad so we have some hope.

Yup, it will be an exciting finish to the season. I'll refrain from out of town scoreboard watching too much as it is painful at times.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yup, it will be an exciting finish to the season. I'll refrain from out of town scoreboard watching too much as it is painful at times.

It is tough....kind of odd when I look at the last 10 games record andmost of the teams we are battling with are kind of .500 yet if feels like they are losing most of their games? :huh::whaaa?:

That being said there are some interesting head to heads coming up for fellow tankers and our schedule looks pretty ugly on paper compared to most.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Just looking at the Jets remaining schedule. Lots of tank opportunities. Wouldn't be a shock if they didn't get a point.

It's good to see that things are staying tight in the Pacific, it's critical for tank purposes that the Jets play ANA, SJ, and LA teams that are still jockeying for playoff position. I know Calgary losing to Anaheim isn't good for the tank, but it could come back to help in the long run. Makes it less likely that LA rests players in the finale.

The home games vs. CHI and MIN are a bit worrisome. Both look to be pretty locked in to their respective spots, though I doubt they'll go as far as resting players.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's good to see that things are staying tight in the Pacific, it's critical for tank purposes that the Jets play ANA, SJ, and LA teams that are still jockeying for playoff position. I know Calgary losing to Anaheim isn't good for the tank, but it could come back to help in the long run. Makes it less likely that LA rests players in the finale.

The home games vs. CHI and MIN are a bit worrisome. Both look to be pretty locked in to their respective spots, though I doubt they'll go as far as resting players.

Chicago and Minnesota at home hard to see us not getting a point?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

You have to figure Chicago will start righting the ship soon and it will be important that Minny hasn't clinched yet. The way they are playing I don't see a possible let down until they have locked in a spot.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Flames are doing a good job tanking with their point differential tie breakers. Ugh.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Chicago and Minnesota at home hard to see us not getting a point?

The pessimist in me sees a point or two between those two home games.

The last three games in California should be a joke, to the point where even the players will be in on the tank (it's only human nature). Only concern is SJ, LA, ANA possibly resting players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad