Tank Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The paper roster would indicate we have a good deep team.
The empirical results indicate that for every 2 bad periods, we have one good period.

Needless to say, there will be more games with 3 bad periods than those with three good periods.

We are extremely dependent on Price to keep the game close during our periods of suck so we can even up the score during the explosive good periods we do have.

But in the long run, things "regress towards the mean", which means that we'll win a third of our games outright, leaving us with 54 points from "real wins". There's no ****ing way we're going to close the 40 or so point gap to make the playoffs by shootout wins and loser points, so until a radical change occurs within the team, I'm going to put my cards on the table and expect them to TANK this season.

And guess what, our ROW seems to indicate that we're right on pace for the 27 or 28 ROW this season. 5 ROWs in 14 games. I believe that pessimism is justified.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
The empirical results indicate that for every 2 bad periods, we have one good period.

Needless to say, there will be more games with 3 bad periods than those with three good periods.

We are extremely dependent on Price to keep the game close during our periods of suck so we can even up the score during the explosive good periods we do have.

But in the long run, things "regress towards the mean", which means that we'll win a third of our games outright, leaving us with 54 points from "real wins". There's no ****ing way we're going to close the 40 or so point gap to make the playoffs by shootout wins and loser points, so until a radical change occurs within the team, I'm going to put my cards on the table and expect them to TANK this season.

And guess what, our ROW seems to indicate that we're right on pace for the 27 or 28 ROW this season. 5 ROWs in 14 games. I believe that pessimism is justified.

So we go through a bad stretch, 9-4-1 but we're going to tank a year after making the ECF? It's a transition period for the team with new additions & losses of vet leaders, they'll be just fine once the PP starts to work, no need to over react.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
This is not how things usually work out. You can't take a small sample of games and predict that the rest of the season will be similar. The club is playing at an incredibly low level. Without looking at the numbers that in itself is unsustainable and unlikely to continue. With your logic Calgary is a top team.

At this point 2-3 more or less ROW means nothing.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

You BELIEVE? Are you an Old Testament prophet or are you reading tea leaves or Tarot cards? I'll make a prophecy of my own: At worst the Habs won't come within 15 places of being able to draft Connor McDavid.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Points wise, this club is ahead of where I thought they would be at this point. I thought they would be hard pressed to get back to the 100 point mark due to an anticipated slow start.

I did expect some transitional growing pains this season, but the play of some established players, such as subban has been concerning.

However, I'm not ready to hit any panic button just yet. They are capable of being better and the established players have showed it when it counts. I'll have a longer leash as a result.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Points wise, this club is ahead of where I thought they would be at this point. I thought they would be hard pressed to get back to the 100 point mark due to an anticipated slow start.

I did expect some transitional growing pains this season, but the play of some established players, such as subban has been concerning.

However, I'm not ready to hit any panic button just yet. They are capable of being better and the established players have showed it when it counts. I'll have a longer leash as a result.

amen. no need for chicken littles or agenda pushing

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB

Where do people like you come from?? You have some seriously flawed logic.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
No bloody way, this team is having some troubles, in large part thanks to their coach, but is no way at the level of tanking.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
If Price where to get hurt and out for the season.
Maybe need to lose one on the top 2 so Markov or Subban out.
Still not sure about in Buffalo area but we be out of the playoffs.
Too much competition on the taking this year lol

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
To the OP
emo much?

19 points at this point of the season counts you out of "tank" mode

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What's the first post say? Assuming by the thread title would indicate something pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad