Tank Thread XV: Tankapalooka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Somewhere a die hard Arizona fan just heard about Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel for the first time today.
Their draft thread hasn't even discussed Jack Eichel until about 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile we are on thread 15. Some of the responses trying to describe Eichel's play style were laughable as well. Almost infuriating. I think maybe 3 people over there have watched him play.

ZeroPT*

so if Kane wasn't injured, we would have still traded? he did it with McEichel in mind

no.. he did it because he loves the way Kane plays.

If Kane were healthy he'd be either in Winnipeg or on a contending team. We were able to trade for him because we can afford to acquire an injured player.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
If the team or the organization thought that Thursday night against Arizona was bad, if the team blows 30th place, the last game of the season could be a nightmare.

I can just see it now, boo's raining down the whole game on the team, jersey's tossed on the ice, caller's on the radio pre-game looking for blood.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Their draft thread hasn't even discussed Jack Eichel until about 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile we are on thread 15. Some of the responses trying to describe Eichel's play style were laughable as well. Almost infuriating. I think maybe 3 people over there have watched him play.

It really is. I'd rather him go to the Oilers.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
If the team or the organization thought that Thursday night against Arizona was bad, if the team blows 30th place, the last game of the season could be a nightmare.

I can just see it now, boo's raining down the whole game on the team, jersey's tossed on the ice, caller's on the radio pre-game looking for blood.

Now that would be flat out embarrassing!

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
so if Kane wasn't injured, we would have still traded? he did it with McEichel in mind

That's not what we're arguing nor is it the point. You proposed he depleted the prospect pool in anticipation of acquiring Eichel. As if prospects won't matter as much if we draft McEichel. That's not the case. He made the trade to get Kane and Bogosian. But to your other point, yeah, he probably wouldn't have jeopardized the tank and traded for EK if healthy.

Bps21*

So what's next? Chicago who plays the night before and then travels to give us their backup?

We still should lose.

As long as no one cuts off the Sabres bus on the way to the arena thus giving them the motivation they've been lacking for the better part of 2 seasons.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I will say I understand why the thread is upset, and I feel you, I was morose for a week after '06. But some of the stuff is over the top, and I think some might need to take a step back. It's coming off as a sense of entitlement/bitterness that I don't think y'all consciously intend.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Buffalo has 28 ROW in the last 159 games. 2 of them came in the last 72 hours. :laugh:

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014

If Kane were healthy he'd be either in Winnipeg or on a contending team. We were able to trade for him because we can afford to acquire an injured player.

what ever you say homie

want to buy a bridge?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So what's next? Chicago who plays the night before and then travels to give us their backup?

We still should lose.

As long as no one cuts off the Sabres bus on the way to the arena thus giving them the motivation they've been lacking for the better part of 2 seasons.

See. You read stuff like the above in this thread, and you should feel a little bit better.

:laugh::laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

**** them

That made me laugh, tbh. I thought it was silly at first, but they're genuinely motivated by getting cheered against in their home arena.

I hope attendance plummets next year when they still are terrible. Would be fantastic!

That'll be awesome for the guys who'll be on the team who had nothing to do with this heroic march to 29th. Guys like Mez, Dalpe, and Ellis will be long gone. And can we end the charade that attendance will plummet in Buffalo anytime soon? They have a waiting list a mile long who'll happily step into those seats.

Hey Zip...Get ready to upload that avatar. Have fun with that for a few months.

You're only making it worse for yourself.

Bps21*

Murray started talking up Strome today. At least he's already figured out that whatever the worst case is will happen around here.

Still have yet to see anyone beat it though

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers

Ya if this team places out of 30th... The last game of the season will be crazy. I really don't see it ending well.

I hope someone actually burns Webers jersey if this happens.

ZeroPT*

what ever you say homie

want to buy a bridge?

I don't have enough money for a bridge. I can't even afford sour cream right now. (no joke, I didn't have enough on me for some sour cream at the grocery store today)

I didn't have my game day Nacho+dip meal. I'm in a rough place right now.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

Murray even said, our plan for next year will be screwed up of we don't pick 1 or 2. So that basically means we won't be contending next year. So that wastes a year of Kane. Then the following year, maybe we start improving, but at best we're a fringe wild card team, so you can kiss Kane bye bye in FA

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I will say I understand why the thread is upset, and I feel you, I was morose for a week after '06. But some of the stuff is over the top, and I think some might need to take a step back. It's coming off as a sense of entitlement/bitterness that I don't think y'all consciously intend.
I think there should be some entitlement from a fanbase that has watched their team win 28 ROW games out of the last 159.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Imagine the situation reversed. Would *anyone* think Buffalo had a chance of pulling through?

Definitely. Arizona was dead in the water and now they can taste it. They haven't had the pressure of being 30th all year long and now are in position to snatch it away at the very last possible moment.

A good argument can be made that they SHOULD pick up at least 2 points from SJ and maybe even get something from one of their other games but it's not at all hard to imagine them going 0-5 to get the prize either.

I'd say Arizona has a 35 to 40% chance of pulling this off.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
The Sabres are playing "balls to the wall" because they beat the second- and third-worst NHL teams in back-to-back games?

That's what I don't get, did people watch these last two games? Arizona and Toronto were a disgrace and we were only up one goal with 2 minutes left each game. That was a preseason type game tonight.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There

I'm actually really worried about this. It could be an ugly, shameful, disgusting display.

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
Murray even said, our plan for next year will be screwed up of we don't pick 1 or 2. So that basically means we won't be contending next year. So that wastes a year of Kane. Then the following year, maybe we start improving, but at best we're a fringe wild card team, so you can kiss Kane bye bye in FA

u get the sour cream… i get the chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad