Tank Thread XV: Tankapalooka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
That made me laugh, tbh. I thought it was silly at first, but they're genuinely motivated by getting cheered against in their home arena.

They were motivated to get out of 30th before that game. I think the game amped it up ...but it was before that.

JackTheRipper

Feb 11, 2015
No I'm with you.

Reinhart-Girgs-Capable Vet C down the middle.

Kane, Ennis, Moulson and Bailey/Fasching/Baptiste on the wing.

Ristolainen-Bogosian-Zadorov-Pysyk-McCabe and a likely Vet Top-4 d-man on the backend.

And a shiny new Marner or Hanifin to play with.

My what heavens will we do!

That line up gets us a top 5 draft pick next year.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Murray even said, our plan for next year will be screwed up of we don't pick 1 or 2. So that basically means we won't be contending next year. So that wastes a year of Kane. Then the following year, maybe we start improving, but at best we're a fringe wild card team, so you can kiss Kane bye bye in FA

I don't think anyone expects us to contend next season even with McEichel. Still need goaltending, a top 4 dman, another vet forward or 2, and more experience for the young guys

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
They were motivated to get out of 30th before that game. I think the game amped it up ...but it was before that.

Then they promptly lost to the Avs. Means nothing when they play against better teams. Both the Yotes and the Leafs suck. No more soft touches on the schedule, so back to losing like they were built to do.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
At this point, anything could happen in any of the games and I would not be surprised.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
That line up gets us a top 5 draft pick next year.

This. We were probably going to be pretty bad even with McEichel next year. Without him, were straight garbage. I still don't think reinhart will be ready (and if he is he won't be tearing up the league by any means) and strome/marner definitely won't be ready. Hanifin would be a wash if he plays in the NHL as a rook prob on the level of our other young defenders

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
A couple of months ago I predicted they'd be drafting 4-5. I'm 100% they'll be 1-2 now.

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
Jeremy White retweeted
Shannon Fisher @ShanV11 · 38m 38 minutes ago
here...still at the bottom. You really showed us boys "@JoeYerdon: Song coming out of the #Sabres room: Started From The Bottom Now We Hereâ€

:laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Ok perhaps it was intended as read
Tim Murray himself basically said the game plan going into next season will be slightly different if they don't get McEichel. The rebuild will be slightly longer because there's a pretty big hole there if we draft Marner, Strome or Hanifin because they will be back in the respective leagues.

I want to be able to go into next season rooting for the team. If they don't get a top line center or a guy capable of playing top line center within the next 2 years then next year becomes a very weird "not rebuilding anymore but kind of still rebuilding" season.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I will say I understand why the thread is upset, and I feel you, I was morose for a week after '06. But some of the stuff is over the top, and I think some might need to take a step back. It's coming off as a sense of entitlement/bitterness that I don't think y'all consciously intend.

A few years back, Regier started preparing the fanbase we were going to bottom out in an attempt to secure top end talent.

As early as the beginning of the 13-14 season, many had their eyes on McEichel, to include Sabres management. Even after Darcy was fired and TM came in, the goal seemed more than obvious.

This really could be our last great chance at landing an elite talent for the next decade plus with the way the lottery is changing next season.

To see that player starting to fade is tough to take. Add onto that the circumstances of this team rallying around their disgust for the fans could possibly make this a toxic situation in the near future.

Buffalo could very well go from Hockey Heaven to Hockey Hell on the night of April 18 if the Sabres don't come away with one of the prizes.

Me? I'll still love this team but you can see the divide brewing right now. This isn't a good situation.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
No I'm with you.

Reinhart-Girgs-Capable Vet C down the middle.

Kane, Ennis, Moulson and Bailey/Fasching/Baptiste on the wing.

Ristolainen-Bogosian-Zadorov-Pysyk-McCabe and a likely Vet Top-4 d-man on the backend.

And a shiny new Marner or Hanifin to play with.

My what heavens will we do!

You got a point, that team might contend for a playoff spot in 2019 or 20

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
Tim Murray himself basically said the game plan going into next season will be slightly different if they don't get McEichel. The rebuild will be slightly longer because there's a pretty big hole there if we draft Marner, Strome or Hanifin because they will be back in the respective leagues.

I want to be able to go into next season rooting for the team. If they don't get a top line center or a guy capable of playing top line center within the next 2 years then next year becomes a very weird "not rebuilding anymore but kind of still rebuilding" season.

and our team goes back to being a bottom destination for free agents

and coaches

torgo3210

Mar 17, 2015
Whatever happens, I hope we don't go for a quick fix. They committed to a rebuild, stick with it. I don't like the Kane trade for numerous reasons, but at least he's 23 and (hopefully) has a chance to mature. Gutting the system for O'reilly or some other player deemed expendable by their team is not a recipe for success.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Though they were upset, they're now having fun with it and using it as motivation. I think they're getting their jollies seeing a huge chunk of the fanbase lose its collective mind over potentially getting out of 30th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad