Tank Thread and Tank GDTs XIV: TANK WARS!! (Buffalo @ Arizona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Toronto will be on the back half of a back to back against Tampa. We're winning that game. I swear, I'm done with this **** team if they blow it.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
If we miss on either and start bad next year, it'll be beyond toxic. Booiong every night, I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing a whole lot worse on a nightly basis. People will stop turning out and that'll leave the arena to the hecklers

And that's a terrible environment for the players, and most of them will want out of town. And then the entire franchise becomes a place no one wants to go and spirals into a mess that never makes the playoffs for 20 straight years. OK, so I'm exaggerating a little...

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
This was a one shot gun and we should have seen it coming. This played right into the room. The fact is we are almost through the hellish part of the tank schedule, have a 4pt cushion and hold all the tiebreakers. We would have been happy with this a month ago.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I can only imagine Nolan's motivational speech and how happy they would be after that one.

If it came down to the last game and the players played with extra fire to try and win the last game, knowing it's likely the difference between getting or not getting Eichel, I'd really have to wonder if they had any brains in their heads.

Most particularly, the half of the roster that is likely to be here next year. That would truly be insane, pride or not.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
If I told you all we would have a 4 point hold on 30th place with 6 games left to go in the season in September I think everyone here would have gladly taken that situation.

Back in the early Fall many of us were speculating the team would finish 3rd or 4th worst in the league.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
This was a one shot gun and we should have seen it coming. This played right into the room. The fact is we are almost through the hellish part of the tank schedule, have a 4pt cushion and hold all the tiebreakers. We would have been happy with this a month ago.

We were looking at being only 1 point ahead in the third period of the Dallas game and then AZ followed with their unlikely win the next night at Detroit.

Going into tonight's game, we were in the best position all season. Still in good shape, we just didn't get the easy way out.

The X-factor is how many points does AZ get from SJ the next two games? If you told me I could take "one" right now, I'd probably do it.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It would show what an absolutely pathetic team they are if it takes fan reaction to get them to rally around a cause and give that extra effort.

What did I say that was wrong?

They would look pathetic. Plain and simple.

The record is what makes them "pathetic"

If people didn't expect a backlash to embarrassing them in their own house that's "dumb"

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
The record is what makes them "pathetic"

If people didn't expect a backlash to embarrassing them in their own house that's "dumb"

Really?

So, tell us, what will the backlash be? What are you expecting? Yeah, let's all be really scared the Sabres are mad at the fans and are about to go on an epic run for 29th.

Or, let's look at what happened tonight and realize the Sabres beat a horrible team that was playing horrible hockey.

Nah, that's not fun.....blame the fans for what happened tonight!

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Really?

So, tell us, what will the backlash be? What are you expecting? Yeah, let's all be really scared the Sabres are mad at the fans and are about to go on an epic run for 29th.

Or, let's look at what happened tonight and realize the Sabres beat a horrible team that was playing horrible hockey.

Nah, that's not fun.....blame the fans for what happened tonight!

It's pretty evident tonight really, unless you assume that sports psychology is a sham?

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I think the players were well aware many fans have been wanting them to lose before the Arizona game.

There's other reasons why I really wish the tank crowd didn't have to look 'smart', though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wayyyyyyy over 1000 posts here.

I'll let you guys start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad