Tank Thread and Tank GDTs XIII: The Tankening (Coyotes @ Sabres)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I'd say that concerns in regards to the Oilers are valid when you take into account their schedule and their luck with injuries. They have little talent on defense as it is, now add 2 regulars (and 2 recalls) being out with injuries. And this is without adding poor goaltending into the equation.

Things just got uglier in Oil land.
I've watched close to 50% of the Oilers games this season because I thought they would be our #1 competitor for the tank, and I have to say, Scrivens has done a pretty decent job considering the help he's gotten all year. He's made some huge saves at critical points, but the constant onslaught that he receives every game is just too much to handle. He's an average goalie, don't get me wrong, but he isn't the reason why this team loses so many games.

Bps21*

Probably the best possible all around result IMO. Edmonton is now EIGHT! points away and way ahead in the tiebreaker...but Colorado didn't just go down like they've given up and hopefully will take out this failure on poor Buffalo next.

7 out of 10 points earned so far on this homestand for Edmonton. Thumbs way up.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Booyah. Edmonton's barely a threat unless something drastically changes.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I've watched close to 50% of the Oilers games this season because I thought they would be our #1 competitor for the tank, and I have to say, Scrivens has done a pretty decent job considering the help he's gotten all year. He's made some huge saves at critical points, but the constant onslaught that he receives every game is just too much to handle. He's an average goalie, don't get me wrong, but he isn't the reason why this team loses so many games.

From the games that I've witnessed he's looked shaky and displayed poor tracking of the puck. He also has shown a tendency to give up the softest goals in the most crucial times in the game. Also, my best friend is a huge Oiler fan and he reminds me often of his lackluster play. Perhaps my perception is tainted due to his influence. :laugh:

However, I value your opinion because you've certainly watched more Edmonton games than I have.

Bps21*

We'd need to finish the season .500 with Edmonton gaining 0 more points to pass them.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Good win for Edmonton. Even if they lose out, we would still need to win 4.5 of our last 9 to pass them. All of those things happening seem unlikely, though it's not entirely impossible.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Wasn't all that worried about Edmonton even before tonight, but another win for them is still nice. Makes things a bit more secure for us. And we are almost finished with another tank thread.. already :laugh: Gotta figure we'll blow through another one quite quickly considering the showdown tomorrow night.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Wasn't all that worried about Edmonton even before tonight, but another win for them is still nice. Makes things a bit more secure for us. And we are almost finished with another tank thread.. already :laugh: Gotta figure we'll blow through another one quite quickly considering the showdown tomorrow night.

Tomorrow, the tank thread will double as the GDT for one of the most important games in franchise history. I expect it to be flooded. :laugh:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They're experts at this. No lead is too big until they're eliminated

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Tomorrow, the tank thread will double as the GDT for one of the most important games in franchise history. I expect it to be flooded. :laugh:

I reckon we may see the return of some old faces that haven't been posting here in a while. This games is receiving game 7 of the Stanley Cup final type attention from the fanbase.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
From the games that I've witnessed he's looked shaky and displayed poor tracking of the puck. He also had shown a tendency to give up the softest goals in the most crucial times in the game. Also, my best friend is a huge Oiler fan and he reminds me often of his lackluster play. Perhaps my perspection is tainted due to his influence. :laugh:

However, I value your opinion because you've certainly watched more Edmonton games than I have.

Ha, well again, I'm not trying to say he's a J.Quick or anything, but I just wouldn't put too much of the blame on Scrivens for their place in the standings. AFAIC he's done about as much as you could expect with the D that plays in front of him.

I'm not sure if you watched the last part of the game, but he made a big blocker save on an O'reilly deflection with less than 5 minutes remaining, and then another big save on Barrie with only seconds left in the game.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Good win for Edmonton. Even if they lose out, we would still need to win 4.5 of our last 9 to pass them. All of those things happening seem unlikely, though it's not entirely impossible.

The Oil being 8 points up with a 4 game ROW advantage means tomorrow's game has even more significance.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Ha, well again, I'm not trying to say he's a J.Quick or anything, but I just wouldn't put too much of the blame on Scrivens for their place in the standings. AFAIC he's done a pretty decent job with the D that plays in front of him.

I'm not sure if you watched the last part of the game, but he made a big blocker save on an O'reilly deflection with less than 5 minutes remaining, and then another big one from Barrie with only seconds left in the game.

Totally opposite from what my friend tells me, but then again I shouldn't put much weight into his thoughts to begin with. He really isn't the best judge of talent, particularly when it comes to the Oilers.

I guess years of misery and growing resentment towards the team has clouded his judgement. :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Tank Thread XIV.....should provide all the answers to where we will draft.

Doubtful. This thread took about 36 hours to get to 1,000 posts. The next one is probably full by Friday morning, at the latest. I could see the Tanking GDT alone going 700+ tomorrow night.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If we lose tomorrow it is the last game of the season for both the Sabres and Arizona I will be following. The stress of being at the game will be to much to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad