Prospect Info: "Tank ran out of gas" - 2014 NHL draft discussion - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Injuries? Like Kane? Whats wrong with Ladd? Buff? Bogo has been day to day........for weeks. Are they really interested in evaluating Klingberg at this point? Why did Little and Wheelers ice time drop? I'm all for seeing Hutch play, but I think "they" actually believe that Pavs is their real number one. Some people believe everything they hear.....I'm just trying to add a little critical thinking.

There is no intentional tank anymore? Well I must have missed that memo. When the TNSE issues said memo, I will believe it 100% ;) . The lottery doesn't change anything.

I'm not complaining..........just an interested observer.

Three meaningless games left (for the Jets and their opponents). No harm in giving some of the farm hands some exposure. Winning is optional, and does reduce their draft status. Let's call it a "mini tank", shall we? ;)

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Draisaitl just out of reach. I really hope he slides a bit, if not I'd be interested in Dal Colle or Ritchie.

Virtanen and Perlini have have some question marks, if I had to take a chance on one of them it would be Perlini.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Draisaitl just out of reach. I really hope he slides a bit, if not I'd be interested in Dal Colle or Ritchie.

Virtanen and Perlini have have some question marks, if I had to take a chance on one of them it would be Perlini.

I'm afraid all the Draisaitl "hype" lately pushed him too far up for us :( I still have some hope but I lowered it over the last month.

'edit'

Just read that Draisaitl will play hist first game for Germany this Thursday against France (first WHC "preseason" game).

Last edited:

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
2014 Scotiabank NHL Draft Lottery (TSN)

Tuesday, Apr. 15 at 7pm

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
If Virtanen has attitude issues and doesn't interview well, I really can't see any scenario in which Chevy will draft him, especially with Kane on their hands already.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agree, they have definitely given me a sense of comfort in whoever they choose to select in the first round as Scheifele, Trouba and Morrissey all look like exceptional/great picks. I have to say though, I'd be quite disappointed if we passed on Dal Colle (especially) or Draisaitl for Fleury.

More so, this place would go nuts. I guess it would just be a bit funny because it's the running theme around here on draft day. :laugh:

The more I see of Dal Colle the more I think he would be the steal of this draft at #6 but I am trying to not fall on love with him because:

A) we don't have that pick yet

B) He seems like a talent that won't slide

C) if he did and he was there I would be momentarily crushed if we passed on him even though I trust our drafting.

One game at a time.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm afraid all the Draisaitl "hype" lately pushed him too far up for us :( I still have some hope but I lowered it over the last month.

'edit'

Just read that Draisaitl will play hist first game for Germany this Thursday against France (first WHC "preseason" game).

Draft day is so unpredictable that you never know but he closed out the season on fire and listening to McTavish and Murray from Buffalo talk about him I would think there is better than an 80% chance "IMO" that he is gone before #6

Keep the camera rolling though GJF

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
The more I see of Dal Colle the more I think he would be the steal of this draft at #6 but I am trying to not fall on love with him because:

C) if he did and he was there I would be momentarily crushed if we passed on him even though I trust our drafting.

One game at a time.

I am with you, ps. I want Dal Colle big time, I think he'll be a huge win for whatever franchise drafts him, so long as they're as patient as they need to be with him and don't rush/ruin him. He could become a real stud here in the future alongside our other young guys, I think. If we could ever land him and ride Scheifele, Trouba, Morrissey, Dal Colle as TNSE first ever 1st round picks, that looks like a damn good stepping stone to the future.

But, I too am trying to not get overly caught up in that thought given I believe Dal Colle goes top 5, without question. And I'm not sure we'll get the chance to call his name.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am with you, ps. I want Dal Colle big time, I think he'll be a huge win for whatever franchise drafts him, so long as they're as patient as they need to be with him and don't rush/ruin him. He could become a real stud here in the future alongside our other young guys, I think. If we could ever land him and ride Scheifele, Trouba, Morrissey, Dal Colle as TNSE first ever 1st round picks, that looks like a damn good stepping stone to the future.

But, I too am trying to not get overly caught up in that thought given I believe Dal Colle goes top 5, without question. And I'm not sure we'll get the chance to call his name.

Yea in another thread we were talking about forward "pairs" and I think Scheif and Dal Colle would be a match made in heaven.

Wow am I EVER doing a good job keeping my expectations and hopes in check :sarcasm:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

One game at a time.

Count me in as well. If we end up in the 6th spot, I like the sounds of MDC better than LD.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

what are some of the question marks around Virtanen?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Yea in another thread we were talking about forward "pairs" and I think Scheif and Dal Colle would be a match made in heaven.

Wow am I EVER doing a good job keeping my expectations and hopes in check :sarcasm:

The thing about MDC is, I thought I have read that he was a centre that was moved over to wing this season. Is there a chance that he goes back to C next season?

If that happens, whatever team takes him could leave him in junior for a couple of seasons for him to develop as a C (like the Jets did with Scheifele).

If it was the Jets, another top notch C (with size) to go along with Scheifele would be great as well.

He's also on the young side of this draft (8 months younger than LD for instance). That could be big as well.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
As of now it looks like the Jets will draft 6th, but 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 are all on the table.

Kapanen, Ehlers, Dal Colle, Richie, Fleury... there will be lots of fun names in play.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
As of now it looks like the Jets will draft 6th, but 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 are all on the table.

Kapanen, Ehlers, Dal Colle, Richie, Fleury... there will be lots of fun names in play.

I have a feeling we take Perlini in the first round.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
what are some of the question marks around Virtanen?

He's comparable to Kane where he uses his speed to create offense by blowing past defenders, he also has trouble using his linemates. The tools are there but the IQ might not be. Take a look at Kane's weaknesses and you'll see the same thing mirrored in Virtanen's game.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Lets say we tie with Calgary in points...is the tie-breaker the same as it would be if we were joggling for a playoff spot?

I.E. Calgary will almost certainly have more ROW than us...so would we pick 5th and they pick 6th?

I doubt they have a chance against LA anyway...but could be very interesting if they beat us and LA. We all know how the Nucks have been playing lately.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Wasn't it Joe who said earlier the Jets were high on Virtanen and Fleury?

The Central Scouting top 6 pretty much matches the Oilers "supposed" leaked top 5, just in a different order. Oilers didn't have Dal Colle in their top 5, but I'd imagine he's their #6. MacT said at season ticker holders lunch Dal Colle was in his top 5.

I still can't believe Craig Button has Virtanen in the 40's. I know there's red flags, but wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad