Tank Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
17 seconds away from being 1-10 in our last 11. f*** Carolina.

Draisaitl lazy ass better show up tmrw. Mcdavid will.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Some Saturday Score Board Watching:

Ducks @ Sabres: 9:30am
Flyers @ Red Wings: 4pm
Sharks @ Blue Jackets: 4pm
Maple Leafs @ Canadiens: 4pm
Jets @ Senators: 4pm
Coyotes @ Stars: 5pm
Blackhawks @ Blues: 5pm

Due to the early start times, we should know the outcome of every game before the Canucks game even starts.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
i ono man. We seem to be torching teams in the pacific.

Oilers have won 5 in a row at the moment with 3 of those being over the Knights, Kraken and the Lightning. We're on the back half of a back-to-back, the head coach who by all accounts is liked in the locker room is being fired in the most distasteful manner I've seen ever, the players are openly admitting to it being a distraction and frustrated about it, and that's all without mentioning just how trash this team is right now. There's just too much going on right now for players to have their heads in it.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
@PG Canuck @geebaan

Hope you guys have been well, wanted your opinion.

If Canucks somehow do end up winning the draft lottery, would the Canucks have a chance at having a more feared offence than the Oilers ?

Kind regards,

C

Reactions: geebaan

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
@PG Canuck @geebaan

If Canucks somehow do end up winning the draft lottery, would the Canucks have a chance at having a more feared offence than the Oilers ?

Kind regards,

C

All depends on Bedard. If he’s as good as advertised I’d say yea probably. Maybe even better.

Doesn’t make up for our defensive issues though. Even Bedard isn’t enough to fix it but boy it’d help.

Reactions: Play

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
@PG Canuck @geebaan

Kind regards,

C
Sorry to buck in.

But I think Draisait + McDavid is better than EP40 + Bedard.

Maybe in 5 years Bedard + EP combo might be better, but I have a feeling EP might force his way out before that.

Reactions: Play

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Canucks are now fully tanking and I'm all here for it. If Canucks get Bedard, it is equivalent to Oilers winning McDavid, the city will be on fire.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The Canucks aren’t going to get the local hero Bedard. But Benson or Cristall are two other BC boys who would be amazing to get. I feel there is a realistic shot of getting one in the 6-10 range.
Matthew Wood is pretty good as well. From BC too.

Reactions: Fraser28

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Even if we come in 6th last we have a one in twelve chance of getting the first pick?
Meh.
Hopefully we move up a bit for once and can grab a top 4 guy.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Even if we come in 6th last we have a one in twelve chance of getting the first pick?
Meh.
Hopefully we move up a bit for once and can grab a top 4 guy.

Can only move up to 1st or 2nd this year, impossible for us to get the 3/4/5 pick without an unprecedented run by not only us, but a couple of the dumpster teams.

Speaking of which, Anaheim is beyond pathetic holy hell. ANA/CHI/CBJ simply are not being passed.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Can only move up to 1st or 2nd this year, impossible for us to get the 3/4/5 pick without an unprecedented run by not only us, but a couple of the dumpster teams.

Speaking of which, Anaheim is beyond pathetic holy hell. ANA/CHI/CBJ simply are not being passed.

I thought the flip side of this was we could only move up ten spots so if we were like 13ths, we could move to 3rd? I honestly don't know... I don't like the new lotto rules.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I thought the flip side of this was we could only move up ten spots so if we were like 13ths, we could move to 3rd? I honestly don't know... I don't like the new lotto rules.

Oh yes, that's true, but the likelihood when you are 13/14/15 of winning really drops off a cliff. So I should amend that to extremely improbable instead of impossible.

Reactions: racerjoe

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Cant believe I'm in this thread, but here I am ..We're not getting Bedard, but hopefully we get an impact player in the top tier of the draft...We're not going to rebuild either.

Its in the organizations best interests to limp to the finish line this season, and get that player (who will replace Bo, or become a first pairing D man).

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
It looks more and more like we are separating from the Florida's, Nashvilles and buffalos. We are in tight with San Jose and Ottawa. But it looks clearer by the day we should be at least in the running for a top pick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Some Saturday Score Board Watching:

Ducks @ Sabres: 9:30am
Flyers @ Red Wings: 4pm
Sharks @ Blue Jackets: 4pm
Maple Leafs @ Canadiens: 4pm
Jets @ Senators: 4pm
Coyotes @ Stars: 5pm
Blackhawks @ Blues: 5pm

Due to the early start times, we should know the outcome of every game before the Canucks game even starts.
Excellent tank day so far

Flyers win
BJs win
Candians win (Toronto humiliated on national tv - i assume i didnt watch)
Blackhawks winning

Ducks and Sens lost, Coyotoes gonna lose but overall not bad considering these teams are losers

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Is it possible that even with the extremely easy schedule for the remainder of the season, the Canucks still poop the bed and finish bottom 10?

Msybe they don't gel with Tocchet or maybe they get really down on themselves after getting another coach fired and continue to struggle.

Reactions: gringo

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Excellent tank day so far

Flyers win
BJs win
Candians win (Toronto humiliated on national tv - i assume i didnt watch)
Blackhawks winning

Ducks and Sens lost, Coyotoes gonna lose but overall not bad considering these teams are losers

Really needed the Sharks to lose, though.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Is it possible that even with the extremely easy schedule for the remainder of the season, the Canucks still poop the bed and finish bottom 10?

Msybe they don't gel with Tocchet or maybe they get really down on themselves after getting another coach fired and continue to struggle.
I think Tocchet would be remiss if he didn’t see the obvious right in front of him…he has to know this team is in store for “major surgery” in the off season, there are probably no expectations for winning from management, in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if JR let him know that we’re hoping for a high draft pick….so I for one, welcome our new Tank Commander Tocchet.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
So proud and embarrassed we are competing hard for the Bedard cup, maybe we never win a single game again this season.

So proud and embarrassed we are competing hard for the Bedard cup, maybe we never win a single game again this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad