Tank Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The only way we get Bedard is if Bedard takes an unprecedented stand and pulls a Lindros...and even then it'll cost us Petey, our first and other bits and pieces. Its just not going to happen, we're Canucks, we don't get those kinds of breaks. But the tank must go on, the closer to the bottom we get, the better off we'll be.

No. The chance we have is whatever percentage to draft first they end up with.

I’m tired of this “they’ll never win the lottery” nonsense.

The Canucks will have whatever odds to land him.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Just hit me that Benson is also a local kid hailing out of Chilliwack. If we don't draft top-4, I hope we leave the draft with him. Kid looks like he has legit superstar potential, I feel like he can become a Mitch Marner type of player if things go right for him.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Interesting day of scoreboard watching.

Ducks beat the Blue Jackets
Blackhawks beat the Flyers
Panthers beat the Canadiens
Capitals currently up 1-0 on the Coyotes
Red Wings vs Golden Knights later

Ultimately this pushes the Panthers further away but keeps the Canadiens only one win up on the Canucks. Ducks and Blackhawks move under 10 points behind the Canucks. Those two teams and the Blue Jackets don’t really factor in, though. Coyotes, Sharks, and Canadiens are the “teams to beat”.

Reactions: Lindgren

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I haven't looked myself but Drance is pushing the idea that after the next 2-3 games the Canucks schedule gets ultra light, combined with (potentially) a new coach, and Demko returning...c-c-c-combo breaker on any tank dreams.

It’s not really true. Next two games are tough then 2/3 to finish the month are against bottom-dwellers (Blackhawks, Kraken, and Blue Jackets). However, February isn’t some walk in the park. First three games are Devils, Rangers, and Islanders. Then you have the middle-tier teams (Red Wings x2, Flyers, Panthers, and Blues) with the Rangers again between them. Then the month ends with the Stars and Bruins. February has no easy games. Every team is currently above .500 (well not the Flyers now).

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I haven't looked myself but Drance is pushing the idea that after the next 2-3 games the Canucks schedule gets ultra light, combined with (potentially) a new coach, and Demko returning...c-c-c-combo breaker on any tank dreams.
He failed to mention the effect of losing Horvat though. Not only does that weaken the team down the middle(and at faceoffs), but it weakens the team at wing as Miller slides back to the middle. Plus losing Schenn should hurt a little, not enough to matter but it could mean that Tocchet might end up trying the Hughes-Myers pairing for a game or two which should lead to some goals against.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Go full tard for Bedard

Queue Tropic Thunder clip: ‘you never go full re***ded’

Edit: Lol that this site won’t let me type the word. In this example, it is not pejorative but an actual description distinguishing one mentally disabled person from another

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
The only way we get Bedard is if Bedard takes an unprecedented stand and pulls a Lindros...and even then it'll cost us Petey, our first and other bits and pieces. Its just not going to happen, we're Canucks, we don't get those kinds of breaks. But the tank must go on, the closer to the bottom we get, the better off we'll be.
This. I suspect that it will be communicated to Bedard's camp that the Canucks will move heaven and earth to draft him and that it would behoove him to insist to all the other teams in his interviews that he wants to play here and nowhere else. We will get raped but it will be worth it IMHO...

Reactions: Canucker

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
This. I suspect that it will be communicated to Bedard's camp that the Canucks will move heaven and earth to draft him and that it would behoove him to insist to all the other teams in his interviews that he wants to play here and nowhere else. We will get raped but it will be worth it IMHO...
I'd also be telling him in interviews that he shouldn't sign any deal longer than 4 years out of his ELC. Tell him the red carpet will be rolled out for him in 7 years time.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Without any major injuries to skaters and two brand new multi year extensions.

And we inexplicably play our worse hockey at home.

And with our best ever drafted forward and dmen both approaching their prime.

This is such a broken team just like its owner.

The effects of having Myers and OEL on this team playing crucial all-situation top 3 minutes has been devastating.
We have both Hart and Lindsay awards in our past. I personally cannot go here yet even if it is Brock.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Bedard is not going to pull a Lindros.

The guy who refused to talk about himself at the WJC and insisted on focusing on the team... he's going to graciously accept a jersey from whoever drafts him and go there happily.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just hit me that Benson is also a local kid hailing out of Chilliwack. If we don't draft top-4, I hope we leave the draft with him. Kid looks like he has legit superstar potential, I feel like he can become a Mitch Marner type of player if things go right for him.

I’m also ok with Vancouver boy Andrew cristall. Ranked in the 8-12 range.

Let’s bring in some bc boys to go to war for Canucks for once l.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
He failed to mention the effect of losing Horvat though. Not only does that weaken the team down the middle(and at faceoffs), but it weakens the team at wing as Miller slides back to the middle. Plus losing Schenn should hurt a little, not enough to matter but it could mean that Tocchet might end up trying the Hughes-Myers pairing for a game or two which should lead to some goals against.
Moving J.T. to centre hurts both our wing and centre depth.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Great progress on the tank scoreboard tonight, with Chicago and Detroit both winning; and the Ducks beat the Jackets, although they're too far below the Canucks to be much of a factor.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Concerned we might get a bump from a new coach as well.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
There’s tanking and then there’s that. That was entire franchise implosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad