Proposal: Tanev to Toronto

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Look at Ryan McD’s trade. Now start with that, also remember the Canucks have him signed already and aren’t exactly shopping him like the Rangers were

Puck Ingrate

Aug 18, 2011
MSP / YVR
Look at Ryan McD’s trade. Now start with that, also remember the Canucks have him signed already and aren’t exactly shopping him like the Rangers were

Are you implying that Ryan McDonagh and Chris Tanev are comparable? Look, I love Tanev, but this assessment is out to lunch. McDonagh has considerably higher value.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
>no liljgreen
>no kapanen
>please gib Tanev for nothing pieces!!!!!

yikes, they dislike you on the Leafs board too?

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id do 2019 1st Dermott and 2018 2nd

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
We don’t want Kapanen. He’s more age Gap junk.
I wouldn't do a Tanev-Kapanen trade unless there's also the first/Lilj coming but it's hilarious that he thinks Tanev isn't worth Kap alone lmao

guy can't reach PPG in the AHL as a winger in his D+4 season and they think he's more valuable than one of the best defensive defensman in the league

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
The problem with any Tanev to Toronto thread is it gets nowhere when any asset we'd want is "off the table" or goes in circles in about how what the Toronto fans are offering is fair.

You have to give to get and if you're not offering up a player we want then expect to giveup that value in picks similar to the Hamonic trade.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I would not trade Tanev to the leafs,just for the sake not wanting to.But in all honesty.If Tanev is by chance traded we are going to be disapointed in the return given the fact that he cant stay healthy at all..So dont hold your breath on a big return.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
The problem with any Tanev to Toronto thread is it gets nowhere when any asset we'd want is "off the table."

You have to give to get and if you're not offering up a player we want then expect to giveup that value in picks similar to the Hamonic trade.
Well, realistically speaking, i believe Tanev for a 1st + Liljegren is ok, value wise. Thoughts?
Cant expect the moon, knowing, that our GM has trouble creating markets for our players.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I would just hold on to Tanev as long as I could until he is a pending UFA and it looks like he wants to move on. He is just is too valuable to any team and he is underrated due to his point totals.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Leafs fan coming in peace. What would it take? The trade rumors board has been a **** show lately so I thought I would post this here.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Gardiner, Kappy, Brown, Lil, Dermott, Kadri off the table.
keep your garbage and lose to boston

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I disagree wth everyone else here. There is a trade to be made:

Tanev + Eriksson for 20181st +20191st and 2019 2nd

I don't think the return for Tanev himself would be that high and that Eriksson contract carries a big negative trade value, so this seems more than a little optimistic.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I disagree wth everyone else here. There is a trade to be made:

Tanev + Eriksson for 20181st +20191st and 2019 2nd

No way you convince Toronto to take Eriksson when they have to resign Matthews, Nylander and Marner the next two offseasons.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I think you guys all missed the best way to respond .... keep tossing in our borderline AHL fodder until they are happy. Tanev and Ericksson and .... ??? for Nylander and a 1st. Not enough. we will add goldobin. Note enough? We will add Motte. Not enough? we will also throw in Neillson. Not enough? We will also throw in Sutter. We might be able to get rid of half of our dead weight ....

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This is the same guy who was talking about how intelligent he was on the main board while calling Boeser "an average player aside from his shot".

imagine not being willing to trade connor brown and kasperi kapanen for chris tanev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad