Tampering for Leafs to discuss Lehner's expectations for next.year?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Freddy's struggles this season are a legit, but nothing every other goalie hasn't had at some point in the past few seasons. Lehner hit rough patches before. He's no more consistent than Andersen.

I like Lehner, and love his story overcoming personal/mental health issues. But I don't think he'd be a better goalie for our team moving forward.

carey price has arguably been worse than freddy over the past 4 seasons. At least in terms of sv%
Freddy
.906 (this season its not over yet could go up or down really)

Price
.911 (agian same as freddy could go up or down from here)

Price better peak season but worse, worst season. Price is better goalie obviously but this shows his inconsistencies too.

Note: i chose 4 season due to that being Freddy as a leaf

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, it would be tampering.

Lehner was never Leaf property technically as the trade call is done all at once.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They could have talked to him for the brief moment he was a Leaf I guess if we're being technical but doing it now would be tampering, and they obviously wouldn't have done it at the time with deadline pressure and it likely all being the 1 trade call despite separate transactions required.

Talking to him now would be like the Leafs discussing a contract with Kadri now. He's someone else's property.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I'm ready to run with Campbell and Woll next year and save all of Freddy's cap (traded). The next year is Woll and Scott both on sweetheart extensions. Hey, if you can't bet you your own top prospects to develop, why even bother... It's the best opportunity to get disproportionate value out of a roster spot in a cap league. Put Freddy's dollars straight into defence and bet on your kids.

So Sparks had a .936
Woll has a .885
Maybe no.

Reactions: Luminiferous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad