Proposal: Tampa/Van

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Vancouver is looking for a decent LW to play with either Horvat or Pettersson. Tampa may or may not want to move on from Stralman, but he is a UFA this offseason, and they could profit from clearing some cap space.

Josh Leivo + Chris Tanev for J.T. Miller

Does this work as a basis for a deal? Who adds and by how much? Thoughts?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Vancouver is looking for a decent LW to play with either Horvat or Pettersson. Tampa may or may not want to move on from Stralman, but he is a UFA this offseason, and they could profit from clearing some cap space.

Josh Leivo + Chris Tanev for J.T. Miller

Does this work as a basis for a deal? Who adds and by how much? Thoughts?
I don't think Vancouver does this.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Would be a good trade partner but would try and get someone on D who could go in the AHL. We are going to be taking probably a couple of D from our AHL. What would Canucks fans thinking of trading Woo for Miller? Not sure if there would have to be a add from either end.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Would be a good trade partner but would try and get someone on D who could go in the AHL. We are going to be taking probably a couple of D from our AHL. What would Canucks fans thinking of trading Woo for Miller? Not sure if there would have to be a add from either end.
Probably fair, but given the state of our D, we can't be trading promising young guys like that.

We have capspace, might be a deal taking on Callahan if a solid winger is included?

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Probably fair, but given the state of our D, we can't be trading promising young guys like that.

We have capspace, might be a deal taking on Callahan if a solid winger is included?

Wouldn’t be the best solution for us, Miller would get a better return on he’s own. Do you think Canucks would pick someone up on D in the first round this summer. We could add a prospect in the deal who could play in the AHL if that made it more beneficial.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Wouldn’t be the best solution for us, Miller would get a better return on he’s own. Do you think Canucks would pick someone up on D in the first round this summer. We could add a prospect in the deal who could play in the AHL if that made it more beneficial.
Fair enough.

Vancouver has a big need for Top 6 Wingers, so I'd expect Caufield, Boldy, any of the other NTDP guys in the top ten that fall to be pretty high on their list. Soderstrom wouldn't surprise though, they badly need RD and he's ranked in around 10 by most.

Like I said, I wouldn't be upset with a Woo for Miller trade in general. I think it's fair for both, but it's kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul for the Canucks. I just don't see management doing it, because Benning absolutely loves the kid.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Fair enough.

Vancouver has a big need for Top 6 Wingers, so I'd expect Caufield, Boldy, any of the other NTDP guys in the top ten that fall to be pretty high on their list. Soderstrom wouldn't surprise though, they badly need RD and he's ranked in around 10 by most.

Like I said, I wouldn't be upset with a Woo for Miller trade in general. I think it's fair for both, but it's kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul for the Canucks. I just don't see management doing it, because Benning absolutely loves the kid.

That’s fair enough would be a good deal, seems like the Canucks have the right pieces in place for possibly a play off appearance next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad