GDT: Tampa @ Toronto - Wednesday 7pm - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
More often than not I'm right, but certainly wrong from time to time. Human nature is such that people love to dwell on the negative, so that is what most remember.

Do you actually believe this? I’m genuinely curious at this point

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Do you actually believe this? I’m genuinely curious at this point
That people dwell on negatives more than positives? There are a heck of a lot of studies saying exactly that. We all don't. Humans are designed to remember bad things, and believe those bad things will repeat, rather than the opposite, because it's a useful protective mechanism. Mind you, there is one area where the opposite holds true, which is gambling and chance.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That people dwell on negatives more than positives? There are a heck of a lot of studies saying exactly that. We all don't. Humans are designed to remember bad things, and believe those bad things will repeat, rather than the opposite, because it's a useful protective mechanism. Mind you, there is one area where the opposite holds true, which is gambling and chance.

No. That you think that you are right more often than not. Do you have any actual proof? I mean it sure seems like you confidently predict stuff that is in no way true. It’s pretty much a meme at this point

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
No. That you think that you are right more often than not. Do you have any actual proof? I mean it sure seems like you confidently predict stuff that is in no way true. It’s pretty much a meme at this point
Is it much different than the prediction thread? Virtually everyone predicts the leafs to win every single game. It's silly, but aren't they right more often than not (since Toronto has won far more often than they have lost)? I've been wrong about games I thought they would lose a few times, as well. Mostly, none of these regular season games mean much of anything. My main prediction has been that the leafs will make the conference final this year. To be determined.

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Is it much different than the prediction thread? Virtually everyone predicts the leafs to win every single game. It's silly, but aren't they right more often than not (since Toronto has won far more often than they have lost)? I've been wrong about games I thought they would lose a few times, as well. Mostly, none of these regular season games mean much of anything. My main prediction has been that the leafs will make the conference final this year. To be determined.
Willing to take a bet on that one?

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Well we're not going to win them all and being number 1 going to the playoffs don't mean diddly squat we may go to the second round or we may roll over and lose 4 straight or move on so win some lose some

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I'd bet that Vasi sports a sub .900 save percentage in this game by the end, and yet people will continue to claim that he is the best goalie in the world.
You've gotta stop making these predictions and bets. You're gonna be broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad