GDT: Tampa @ Toronto - Wednesday 7pm - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Another big test, win here pretty much puts Tampa in the rearview for good.

@Darcy Tucker will be making his season debut in row 17, hopefully the team shows up for him.

Surprised we haven't heard any news from practice as yet.
Hopefully Rielly is back, Marner I would say is doubtful.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Going to be a tough game, they have played very well of late and even though they lost to Detroit last night they dominated them and had a few goals called back. I pity whichever team has to play these guys in round 1, because they're going to be primed for an upset. Right now it would be the Bruins, and Tampa has owned them in the playoffs in recent years so that's a really bad matchup for Boston.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Going to be a tough game, they have played very well of late and even though they lost to Detroit last night they dominated them and had a few goals called back. I pity whichever team has to play these guys in round 1, because they're going to be primed for an upset. Right now it would be the Bruins, and Tampa has owned them in the playoffs in recent years so that's a really bad matchup for Boston.
I would expect Tampa to start Johansson in this one, so that should give the Leafs an advantage. To your point, if Boston plays Tampa in the first round, I think Boston will lose (mind you, I think they are going to lose in the first round no matter which team they play, so take that for what it's worth).

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Another big test, win here pretty much puts Tampa in the rearview for good.

@Darcy Tucker will be making his season debut in row 17, hopefully the team shows up for him.

Surprised we haven't heard any news from practice as yet.
Hopefully Rielly is back, Marner I would say is doubtful.
Yes, I thought I heard it somewhere that Marner might possibly be back for Wednesday. It would definitely be nice to get those two back. So is there any news on when Edmundson will be back?

Reactions: ACC1224

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Yes, I thought I heard it somewhere that Marner might possibly be back for Wednesday. It would definitely be nice to get those two back. So is there any news on when Edmundson will be back?
This is what I was wondering as well - hasn't been talk about his status.

Really looking forward to see this full line up come together....don't forget Jarnkrok is going to returning too.

Makes for some difficult lineup decisions.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
This is what I was wondering as well - hasn't been talk about his status.

Really looking forward to see this full line up come together....don't forget Jarnkrok is going to returning too.

Makes for some difficult lineup decisions.
Yes indeed. And have we heard anything on when Jarnkrok will be back?

No news on Edmundson. Marner is back Saturday it seems.
Any news on Jarnkrok?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yes indeed. And have we heard anything on when Jarnkrok will be back?

Any news on Jarnkrok?
No news on Jarnkrok either. But..

Per the rules of LTIR, a player is unavailable to return to a team's active roster until he sits out for 10 games and 24 days. Jarnkrok's LTIR placing is retroactive to the date of his injury (Mar. 14) and that means the player will not be able to return to the Maple Leafs until April. 8 at the earliest when the club hosts the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
A win here and that should all but lock up finishing at least 3rd in the Atlantic.

Reactions: HolyCrap

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would prefer to see Marner drive his own line.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Holmberg - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves
Marner is still out, expected back Saturday.

Reactions: arso40

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
No news on Jarnkrok either. But..

Per the rules of LTIR, a player is unavailable to return to a team's active roster until he sits out for 10 games and 24 days. Jarnkrok's LTIR placing is retroactive to the date of his injury (Mar. 14) and that means the player will not be able to return to the Maple Leafs until April. 8 at the earliest when the club hosts the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Thanks for the reply!

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Rielly returning will help the PP.
Maybe Domi will put Hagel over his knee and give him a much deserved spanking.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
en2imtac8wrc1.jpeg

Good chance to put some distance on Tampa and try and get home ice so we can make a push to join these elite teams. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad