GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens 3/10/15 7:30pm EST SN-East, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I want to test the theory that horrible things happen when I predict the Habs will blow out the opponent. The previous three times, we got shellacked. As a matter of fact, I DEFY whatever evil is responsible to ****ing do it again.

The Habs will show the Lightning who's boss tonight. It will be SO dominating that they will work actively to finish third in the division so as to not feel the heat from our presence above them in the standing.

I predict a perfect game from us, with domination in all aspects of the game. The Tampa Bay contingent does not have the chance of a bun in the hands of an hungry boy. (copyright: some old timey newspaper quote from Hockey: A People's History)

They will be sorry they came, I guarantee you, the Floridians will be sorry they came. We'll send them back to their perfect weather, their orange trees and their cuban refugees. And to appease our wrath, they will send us their baseball team, which we will put in our majestic Olympic Stadium and cheer for for generations and generations.

This will be a massacre of epic proportions!

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I want to test the theory that horrible things happen when I predict the Habs will blow out the opponent. The previous three times, we got shellacked. As a matter of fact, I DEFY whatever evil is responsible to ****ing do it again.

The Habs will show the Lightning who's boss tonight. It will be SO dominating that they will work actively to finish third in the division so as to not feel the heat from our presence above them in the standing.

I predict a perfect game from us, with domination in all aspects of the game. The Tampa Bay contingent does not have the chance of a bun in the hands of an hungry boy. (copyright: some old timey newspaper quote from Hockey: A People's History)

They will be sorry they came, I guarantee you, the Floridians will be sorry they came. We'll send them back to their perfect weather, their orange trees and their cuban refugees. And to appease our wrath, they will send us their baseball team, which we will put in our majestic Olympic Stadium and cheer for for generations and generations.

You're playing with fire man! :D

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

why did you just do that :shakehead

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Cant wait for puck drop............Hard to believe but I'm getting more and more excited to watch DLR play then Galchenyuk.............well almost......:)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The only concern I have is that the Habs are always flat after a long road trip. Hopefully the leadership addressed this

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

Thank you for this, this is the one and only time this year I want to see the habs get lit up, I need it for fantasy hockey purposes; I own Rinne/Rask and my opponent owns Price/Schneider. I also own Tampa's whole 2nd line so a blowout would be in my favor.

Shame on me

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Important game for the habs and the new guys well IMO DSP, Flynn and Mitchell. I like to call it an audition for the playoff.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
People are really crazy with how afraid of Tampa they are. It's good to have a respect for the opposition but its getting ridiculous. Yes they are a good team. Yes Stamkos might be the best pure offensive player in the league.

We swept them last playoffs. We are higher then them in the standings. Neither of these points alone or together mean we are better but to be afraid of them is laughable. They should be afraid of us.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
People are really crazy with how afraid of Tampa they are. It's good to have a respect for the opposition but its getting ridiculous. Yes they are a good team. Yes Stamkos might be the best pure offensive player in the league.

We swept them last playoffs. We are higher then them in the standings. Neither of these points alone or together mean we are better but to be afraid of them is laughable. They should be afraid of us.

They pretty much owned us this year so far. I'm sure they aren't taking us lightly either though.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Or like Bournival.............haha could you imagine Galchenyuk with that speed and his quick stickhandling.......

Just imagine DLR with Chuky's hands. He'd be like a snowplow out there but with the ability to turn people into pretzels. :amazed:

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Here's my predictions for the game:

1. Habs will be outshot 18-6 in the 1st, Price standing on his head to keep the game scoreless after 20 minutes
2. Habs score an early 2nd period goal and start to turn things around
3. Habs score another goal, this time on the PP, lead 2-0 after 40 minutes, still being outshot overall, but only 28-23
4. Tampa keeps pressing, finally gets a goal mid way through the 3rd
5. Habs with 2 power plays within the final 10 minutes, fail to score on either, but take 4 valuable minutes off the clock
6. Habs add an empty netter to take a 3-1 win in front of an overjoyed Bell Centre
7. Habs finish the game being outshot 43-32
8. Price's 42 save performance earns him 1st star, Pacioretty's 2 goals earn him 2nd star, Bishop earns 3rd star with 30 saves.
9. Just an added bonus, the goals and assists:

Pacioretty (32) - Subban and Desharnais
Galchenyuk (20) - Plekanec and Gallagher
Stamkos (37) - Hedman
Pacioretty (33 EN)- Unassisted

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Here's my predictions for the game:

1. Habs will be outshot 18-6 in the 1st, Price standing on his head to keep the game scoreless after 20 minutes
2. Habs score an early 2nd period goal and start to turn things around
3. Habs score another goal, this time on the PP, lead 2-0 after 40 minutes, still being outshot overall, but only 28-23
4. Tampa keeps pressing, finally gets a goal mid way through the 3rd
5. Habs with 2 power plays within the final 10 minutes, fail to score on either, but take 4 valuable minutes off the clock
6. Habs add an empty netter to take a 3-1 win in front of an overjoyed Bell Centre
7. Habs finish the game being outshot 43-32
8. Price's 42 save performance earns him 1st star, Pacioretty's 2 goals earn him 2nd star, Bishop earns 3rd star with 30 saves.
9. Just an added bonus, the goals and assists:

Pacioretty (32) - Subban and Desharnais
Galchenyuk (20) - Plekanec and Gallagher
Stamkos (37) - Hedman
Pacioretty (33 EN)- Unassisted

:handclap:

Just to have a round number:

10. At some point during the game, Whiskeyseven will be drunk.

Analyzer*

We'll score, the problem is keeping the puck out of the zone and ultimately out of the net.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They gotta score early and often, let Tampa Bay remember how meh their road record is and that they can't feel confident coming into the BC.

Gotta let tnem know the two previous matchups were an aberration and they ain't our Daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad