GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Or, we lost three hockey games as our current starting goalie got hurt and we had to start a guy that was less than 100% and who the team plays differently in front of.

But I guess acting like Eeyore is one way to get through the hockey season.

Excuses

The playoffs were there for taking and the team choked

Let's see how they perform tonight, the game against Detroit was a positive but most likely too little too late, as usual

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah I don't see it that way.

The team could have packed it in when Lehner and Mac went down and called it a year, they did the exact opposite and could potentially pull off the greatest comeback to get into the playoffs since the top 8 playoff scenario came into effect. They have had 2 or 3 lousy games in about 25.

I'd hardly call that crumbling or choking. If you want to see that way then so be it, it's just an odd opinion to have after they have played so well.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Johnson and Hedman out for Tampa tonight. Gives us a much better shot.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Excuses

The playoffs were there for taking and the team choked

Let's see how they perform tonight, the game against Detroit was a positive but most likely too little too late, as usual

So what are Boston's excuses for losing the playoff spot in the first place?

I get your angle - you don't want to be disappointed if this miraculous run falls short so you are trying to protect yourself from a let down by creating these fall allusions that the past history of the Senators have anything to do with this team. In the past 20 games, this team has lost THREE times in regulation. THREE. Yet you seem to believe this is "choking".

You can't even identify what "choking" is in this particular case.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah I don't see it that way.

The team could have packed it in when Lehner and Mac went down and called it a year, they did the exact opposite and could potentially pull off the greatest comeback to get into the playoffs since the top 8 playoff scenario came into effect. They have had 2 or 3 lousy games in about 25.

I'd hardly call that crumbling or choking. If you want to see that way then so be it, it's just an odd opinion to have after they have played so well.

It's like going up 4-0 in a game and losing 5-4 in OT: "they played really well for the first half but **** the bed in the second half"

Two things matter: execution and results and when it looked like all the hard work was going to amount something the team failed on both accounts

It's a choke

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
It's like going up 4-0 in a game and losing 5-4 in OT: "they played really well for the first half but **** the bed in the second half"

Two things matter: execution and results and when it looked like all the hard work was going to amount something the team failed on both accounts

It's a choke

We had a 1 pt lead with about 10 games left. It's hardly a choke if we don't make it. If you thought we were a lock at that point, :shakehead

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

It's a choke

Eesch, I don't know if that's even the right analogy.

It's more that we were down by a whole bunch and came back, maybe we lose maybe we win, either way, I'm proud they showed the pride to come back and not pack it in.

Either way, Sens aren't even done yet.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So what are Boston's excuses for losing the playoff spot in the first place?

I get your angle - you don't want to be disappointed if this miraculous run falls short so you are trying to protect yourself from a let down by creating these fall allusions that the past history of the Senators have anything to do with this team. In the past 20 games, this team has lost THREE times in regulation. THREE. Yet you seem to believe this is "choking".

You can't even identify what "choking" is in this particular case.

Boston doesn't need any excuses, they are in the playoffs and will most likely make it. They played poorly and lost it but then played well to get back in, they are the inverse us: we were, we make it and lose it as soon as possible while Boston was in, then out then push back to get back in. It's fairly simple stuff

I can identify choking as: once we got to the playoffs the team didn't just lose two key games, they played like utter garbage for them. Again, if the team plays well and loses that's fine, it happens, hot goalies happen, but the losses to Toronto and Florida were anything but.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

It's a choke

Not sure how to respond or if it's worth responding to a (insert bad words here).

By your standard, it's a failure to reach the Stanley Cup final and not win it.
By your Standard, 29 teams are a failure.

You were already accusing the Sens of choking during the Detroit game. Chokers is the only thing that come to mind when you talk about the Sens?

Having a bad 1st half has nothing to do with the position they are in?
Can't you see any positive in the last two months? It has been a remarkable run.

Are the Sens your favourite team???

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Considering Smith played one shift in the third period last game, you think Cameron starts with him on the first line again?

According to the team its happening I was listening in my car. They then followed it up with saying Neil is healthy and will be inserted in the lineup. Then I gagged once, pulled over and vomited. (JK)

I have to say I have loved the changes since Cameron has taken over but this decision makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Smith is a plug, he fits in on that 4th line perfectly, he has next to zero skill. Meanwhile they want to play him with two skilled forwards it doesnt work it doesnt make sense and Ryan and Zibby have created nothing with him and Greening.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not sure how to respond or if it's worth responding to a (insert bad words here).

By your standard, it's a failure to reach the Stanley Cup final and not win it.
By your Standard, 29 teams are a failure.

You were already accusing the Sens of choking during the Detroit game. Chokers is the only thing that come to mind when you talk about the Sens?

Having a bad 1st half has nothing to do with the position they are in?
Can't you see any positive in the last two months? It has been a remarkable run.

Are the Sens your favourite team???

I didn't say the Sens were choking against Detroit; I said it to be typical for the Senators to carry the play, run into a hot goalie and lose because of a costly unforced turnover

Again, losing happens, no one wins every game. What isn't fine is how the Senators played once they had a playoff position secured.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I didn't say the Sens were choking against I said, I said it to be typical for the Senators to carry the play, run into a hot goalie and lose because of a costly unforced turnover

Again, losing happens, no one wins every game. What isn't fine is how the Senators played once they had a playoff position secured.

You insinuated the word "choke" multiple times in that thread. It's clear you have no idea how to actually use it in any context other than "losing at that exact moment in time."

We get it. You think they choke. Even when you can't define what "to choke" actually means.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa is not choking.

If you want to know a team that is choking right now, it is Boston. To go from president trophy winners to a team that may not even make the playoffs is choking. I may also consider the Kings to be choking as well.

In order to choke, i think you need to have high expectations to begin with.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

It's a choke

I think a better analogy in this situation is that Ottawa was the team down 4-0. They came back to tie it, but just gave up a goal with a minute left. It doesn't look good right now, but there's still some game to be played here.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I didn't say the Sens were choking against Detroit; I said it to be typical for the Senators to carry the play, run into a hot goalie and lose because of a costly unforced turnover

Whatever you want to call it, you're pretty quick to give up on the Sens:

PHP:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senators65 View Post 

This game is going to end on a goal caused by a **** turnover by Turris isn't it?

[FIELDSET="Your answer"]It was pretty obvious it would be

Classic Ottawa[/FIELDSET]

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think a better analogy in this situation is that Ottawa was the team down 4-0. They came back to tie it, but just gave up a goal with a minute left. It doesn't look good right now, but there's still some game to be played here.

everything can change by 10:30 tonight, lets not panic until we absolutely have to

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
It's not a choke when you go 16-1-2... then we lost to NYR, TOR, and FLA...beat DET... by my calculations that's 17-4-2 over the last 23.... It's kinda ridiculous to expect us to go 25-1-2 to the end... there's always upsets, and the team had to start running out of gas at some point.... toss in a few injured goalies, and you're gonna lose a few at some point....

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

It's a choke
Terrible analogy, we were NEVER up big and you conveniently leave out the fact that we were on a miraculous run to even get ahead by a point. We were down 5-0, came back and took a 6-5 lead and now are trailing 7-6. I don't see that as a choke. We've given ourselves a shot when it looked like we had none.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm always cheering for a win

The problem is that making the playoffs is completely out of our hands

So we better stop cheering, right?

The team will do what they can. One bruin loss and one Ottawa win and we're back in the thick of it. 3 pts back with a game in hand, anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad