GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
1) you can badmouth other teams on our own board, but you can't do it on their boards, or the main (public, un-affiliated) boards.

2) if a fan of another team comes onto our boards in a polite and friendly manner, try and be nice in return. If they come in trolling, just hit the "report" button... unless SixthSens is around, then engage in a massive flamewar that will take him all evening to clean up.

3) there is an "ignore" function, which blocks you from seeing a specific poster's terrible posts, which at first sounds odd that you would want to not see someone else's submissions, but dear god, trust me - you will definitely need to use this at some point.

4) If you are on the main boards, always post something about Erik Karlsson. It is how we as Sens fans mark our territory.

5) related to point #4 above: The Main Boards are a wasteland. You have been warned.

6) Common themes on HFSens are:
- "(insert poster's name here) has an agenda/ he is just furthering his agenda against (player x)"
- Sens players are twice as good as they actually are when we are winning, twice as bad when we are losing.
- Similarly: the coach is infallible when we are winning games, and "every poster here could coach better than our stupid coach who makes the worst decisions" when we are losing games.
- You either judge a player entirely on Corsi, or you hate Advanced Stats. There is no middle ground in The Great Corsi War. You can't be neutral. Pick a side, Switzerland.
- Despite any disagreement on anything else we may have here, we all pretty much don't like Phillips as a hockey player anymore. This should not come as a surprise. The only debates on Phillips we have anymore are between the posters who think he used to be good, and the posters who thought he was never good to begin with.
- "Erik Condra has elite stamina. Discuss."
- Proposing unrealistic trades that do not in any way make sense for the team we would hypothetically be trading with. We're real good at that.

Sticky this IMMEDIATELY! :laugh:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Isn't Wideman RFA??

Someone will have to correct me if im wrong because we had this discussion at the beginning of the year. Wideman would be a RFA if he reached a certain level of NHL games played. He never reached that level so he gets UFA.

I didnt read the CBA. It was just something i was told.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
The Wings are reeling. As I said earlier, the way things are going, our chances are better catching Detroit than Boston. The way the Wings are playing, those two games against Carolina are far from guaranteed wins. And even if Datsyuk does return, he's not going to be healthy. Their D and goalies are very suspect. Wings fans are pooping their pants right now.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
So.........why haven't we at least given this kid a callup during the year to see what we have before his contract expires?

He would have gotten some games had the team not pulled themselves back into the race. Everything changed then.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Someone will have to correct me if im wrong because we had this discussion at the beginning of the year. Wideman would be a RFA if he reached a certain level of NHL games played. He never reached that level so he gets UFA.

You may be right, on Cap central (which I use to replace Capgeek) it says that he 's a RFA( I think I saw that)but then again I'm not sure it takes into consideration those things. It would be a shame to lose him without seeing what he can do. Murray said he wanted him to play some games but then we went on the never lose again streak.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
LOOOLLL cameron on the post game show definitely said "were way too stoned" when he meant to say "we're way too slow but fortunately that hasn't effected our ability to get wins"

lol. To be honest there's some games where it seems they've came out and played like they were

:rant:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Sounds like Group 6 UFA:
Group 6 free agents (must be elected by the player): Players who have reached age 25, who have 3 accrued years of professional experience (that is, beyond junior or collegiate hockey), and whose contracts have expired, but have played less than:

80 NHL games played for forwards and defensemen.
28 NHL games played for goaltenders.

I haven't looked up his age though, or how long he's played for Bingo

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sounds like Group 6 UFA:
Group 6 free agents (must be elected by the player): Players who have reached age 25, who have 3 accrued years of professional experience (that is, beyond junior or collegiate hockey), and whose contracts have expired, but have played less than:

80 NHL games played for forwards and defensemen.
28 NHL games played for goaltenders.

I haven't looked up his age though, or how long he's played for Bingo

Yup hes 25 and has played 3 years in bingo and the ECHL

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
You know what I like about Hammond? Despite some comparing Lehner to Price, Hammond reminds me more of him. He's positionally sound, he's so calm back there and he makes saves look easy. He doesn't need to be flashy.

I'm still wondering how he'll when the Sens play scrambly in front of him and we need him to steal games, but for now, I want him in as many games as he can play. He doesn't sit unless he needs a break. Maybe one game off during this stretch.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You know what I like about Hammond? Despite some comparing Lehner to Price, Hammond reminds me more of him. He's positionally sound, he's so calm back there and he makes saves look easy. He doesn't need to be flashy.

I'm still wondering how he'll when the Sens play scrambly in front of him and we need him to steal games, but for now, I want him in as many games as he can play. He doesn't sit unless he needs a break. Maybe one game off during this stretch.

Style wise, he looks a lot like Price. Makes the saves look easy and always square to the shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad