Tampa Bay Lightning Next Ones: Top 10 Prospects (+ 5 HMs & More)

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Another perspective on Bolts Top prospects.

Excerpt from intro:

Quote:
"Bolts NHL Prospect Pool Power Ranking: ___

Lightning Has Already Struck

At first glance, the Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect Top 10 List is not overly impressive. Digging a little deeper, Lightning faithful are not that concerned. The Bolts have some of the best young talent in the league with 12 already on the big club that are 25 and under. Here are the youthful Bolts that have already arrived to the NHL:..."

In addition to Top 10 highlights the obvious U21 lads already on the roster, plus 5 honourable mentions along with the rest of the 2015 draft class.

As well, "E-Mac's Impact Prospects" are noted along with how the Bolts stack up with the rest of the league with respect to their prospect pool.

Sample - Top 5 from the article:
- more info & stats in the article

1. DeAngelo
2. Erne
3. Stephens
4. Slater Koekkoek
5. Point (editor's note highlights that he'd be even higher in rankings)

Link to full article

Comments and critique welcomed...

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Decent list, but you are a tad high on CHL players. I would take Peca (and I know most of the fanbase does as well) over everybody except the top5. He is not only that good but also much more of a sure thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Decent list, but you are a tad high on CHL players. I would take Peca (and I know most of the fanbase does as well) over everybody except the top5. He is not only that good but also much more of a sure thing.

Peca vs. Point, long term, is interesting to me. Syracuse looks like it's ready for Peca to lead the way, if he can, while Point is looking like the expected leader of Team Canada.

Crazy how lucky we are to consider these types of players battling it out for about our fifth best prospect.

That said, I don't get how Stephens is rated so highly, other than he's new.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Peca vs. Point, long term, is interesting to me. Syracuse looks like it's ready for Peca to lead the way, if he can, while Point is looking like the expected leader of Team Canada.

Crazy how lucky we are to consider these types of players battling it out for about our fifth best prospect.

I am higher on Peca than most, but from a piure upside POV I would take Point every day. But at the same time Peca is a rare kind of player, a speedy undersized guy with very strong defensive talents. So he is what Cooper loves the most, but I don't see him ever eclipsing a 2nd line center role. WHile I could honestly see Point developing into a top line winger, even though thats a stretch for now I now.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I am higher on Peca than most, but from a piure upside POV I would take Point every day. But at the same time Peca is a rare kind of player, a speedy undersized guy with very strong defensive talents. So he is what Cooper loves the most, but I don't see him ever eclipsing a 2nd line center role. WHile I could honestly see Point developing into a top line winger, even though thats a stretch for now I now.

2 great lads to follow in the coming seasons for sure! Well put!

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada

Thanks lads. Have to especially agree with Stephens comment - E-Mac likes him more than I do as well, but the case can be made.

Guess no one in the West or East of Canada has watched this Stephens kid. He got great wheels, good hands and competes. He needs some skilled players to get him the puck early in the D zone.

The Under 18 tournament was his breakout - competed at a high level against the other countries top young players and stood out. Plus he captained the Canadian team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Guess no one in the West or East of Canada has watched this Stephens kid. He got great wheels, good hands and competes. He needs some skilled players to get him the puck early in the D zone.

The Under 18 tournament was his breakout - competed at a high level against the other countries top young players and stood out. Plus he captained the Canadian team.

That's a small sample size, plus he had lots of talent around him to help him like you said he needs. He needs to show more over a season in the O before he passes players who've been more consistent.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not a bad top 5 to be honest. You could argue about who belongs where within the top 5 but I think there is a drop off afterwards. Peca is the one standout out of place to me, he should be #6

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How would you have it, then?

I'd have it

Koekkoek
DeAngelo
Point
Erne
Stephens

If you take of Vasilevskiy, Namestnikov and Nesterov. Erne hasn't impressed me lately and Point has so I put him in front now. Still think Koekkoek is the real deal and has the total package DeAngelo lacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00