Prospect Info: Tampa Bay Lightning 2013 Prospect Rankings - #1

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I picked Vasya. I know Drouin and possibly a few more will make the show before him, but no other position in hockey is as important as Goalie imo. Good goal tending can take you from an 8 seed to lifting 36lbs of silver ("I used to do quite well in the playoffs until I took a MAB to the knee." -- Dwayne Roloson)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Although I must admit that having a goalie prospect like Vasya is extremely important for the organization, I've voted Drouin on this one because of his franchise talent.

P.S. Add Sergeev

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Jonathan DROOOOUUIINN. You know thats the way they are going to say his name after he scores a goal or gets an assist.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
These boards overrate Drouin so much. Just because he makes fancy dekes in development camp videos against the Lightning's weak prospect group doesn't mean he's a good player. I mean look at this video, it's proof that he isn't NHL material:

As you can see he clearly doesn't have the size to pull off those fancy moves in the NHL. He's going to get hit hard and often if he tries anything. I don't want to hear that he's the same size as Patrick Kane. As you can see from the video, he clearly doesn't have the same speed as Patrick Kane. He needs that speed to make up for his size. I don't care if he's agile or elusive. At best he's another Rob Schremp. This is just another case of HFBoards obsessing over a highlight package.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
These boards overrate Drouin so much. Just because he makes fancy dekes in development camp videos against the Lightning's weak prospect group doesn't mean he's a good player. I mean look at this video, it's proof that he isn't NHL material:

As you can see he clearly doesn't have the size to pull off those fancy moves in the NHL. He's going to get hit hard and often if he tries anything. I don't want to hear that he's the same size as Patrick Kane. As you can see from the video, he clearly doesn't have the same speed as Patrick Kane. He needs that speed to make up for his size. I don't care if he's agile or elusive. At best he's another Rob Schremp. This is just another case of HFBoards obsessing over a highlight package.

You're crazy - his toughness is off the charts- he absolutely BODIES Anthony Duclair 25 seconds in!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad