Utah team name polling opens, list of potential names revealed

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Pretty weak list for twenty options, unfortunately not very surprising.

Mammoth or outlaws only ones I like, but I'm sure they'll pick something amateur and/or blow the logo with some cartoony junk.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
How did good names like Eagles, Grizzlies, and Stags not make this list, but Powder did? Powder.
Powder.
I want a name that says, we're pristine in the morning, and then we get f***ed up by a yuppy! On the hill and on the mirror

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
I would vote for Black Diamonds, Mountaineers

Or to punish them Glaciers or Canyons.

This list is terrible.

Spikes woulda been better (for the Golden Spike but can't use Golden bc of that other team) because that reflects like the one piece of history that happened there

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How did good names like Eagles, Grizzlies, and Stags not make this list, but Powder did? Powder.
Powder.
I want a name that says, we're pristine in the morning, and then we get f***ed up by a yuppy! On the hill and on the mirror
Stags is real nice

Reactions: Seattle Totems

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I'm shocked by how bad and corny these are. Utah Hive is the only one I'd support.

Stuff like "Outlaws" and "Venom" are names little Timmy would come up with while designing his first team with crayons. These can't be serious.

You clearly did not see the list of shite we Minnesotans had to choose from in 2000. And of course we settled for the worst name in the history of professional sports (Wild)

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
“The Hive” only works as an arena nickname.

Like if they went with a team name such as “The Bees”, Wasps, or the Swarm.

You could then have a #GetBuzzedAtTheHive campaign. Call home fans “The Hivemind”…etc.

Reactions: Sports2

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
ya Caribou is pretty cool, it's original and sounds professional/hockeyish, my fav too
Except there are no caribou in Utah. And before anyone says 'well there are no Yeti's there either'; caribou are a real animal that are actually found elsewhere, like across most of the boreal forest and arctic in Canada and Alaska. It makes zero sense to call a team in Utah the Caribou

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: VaporTrail and TT1

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Utah
2f53890d-d339-47a5-856f-f13ba11ad1a8_text.gif

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
Can someone explain to me when the plural 's' became passe when it comes to sports team names?

Of those, Outlaws because plural 's' and the NHL could use a cool western-themed team.

Seriously, your neighbors are the Avalanche, so you decide to propose a bunch of cold/snow themed names?
Utah isn’t known for our creativity. Snow and mountains is all most folks could dream up.

Of these, I like Mammoth best.

I was thinking Bison, Wolves or Bighorns.

Definitely not HC. That’s MLS garbage.

Do they have Wolverines in Utah? You could use the yell from Red Dawn on the Jumbotron.
The Utah Valley University Wolverines are already taken, unfortunately.

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad