take your helmet with visor off when you fight

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How easily are the visors removed? Wonder if they could be taken off instead of the whole helmet.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You need a screwdriver. All players should be made to keep one handy so they can undo them before a fight.
They're screwed to the helmet.
They probably could be made so that they'd be able to be taken off easily with hands, kind of like skate blades come off so easily now. But that's probably not the first thing on the to-do list of this league which is already trying to get rid of fighting.

Reactions: dkhockey

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Yeah, it's currently a penalty, which apparently, is maintained, as I've not recently seen this called at all.

What I hate to see is a player who wears a visor that gets attacked and results in getting cut from that.

Also sad to see faces cut up as was the case with Andrej Sustr.
Sustr is an one who tried to attack someone else and got his sh*t wrecked. That was Sustr's fault.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
disgusting cowardly not to do it. hate to see hands cut up due to visors
So some anabola- psyho can rearange my face?

Think it would be better to let the players fight whit gloves on, they can punch at eachother all they want then, whitout much damage.. In the future they should rule a suspention for them who drop the gloves

paragon

May 5, 2010
Only cowards are afraid to cut their hand on visor. Real men don't punch visorless people because it's so safe and gutless.

Reactions: Jon Riley

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Don't tell me what to do.

On the ice or at the office, the helmet stays on

a-businessman-wearing-a-icehockey-helmet-sweden-d90fd7.jpg

Yarbles02

Dee’s A Bird!
Feb 10, 2012
Edmonton
Do the refs not stop the fight once a helmet is intentionally removed? I seem to recall this happening in an Oiler game (nurse?) 1-2 years ago.

Reactions: Cityswiper

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Helmets, visors, and gloves have no place in a hockey fight.
In fact, REAL fighters shouldn't stop fighting when one or both fall to the ice. Unlike the WIMPS in hockey who give up after a few swings, MMA fighters can keep going until someone is knocked out or taps out.

This is totally what we need to boost viewership in the US. Add an MMA component to hockey games

Reactions: Cityswiper

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
When was the visor rule implemented?

I know Jamie Benn was grandfathered in, he's one of the few who doesn't bother with it; anyone playing prior to the rule can go without if they so choose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad