Take that Ole chant! Habs win 3-2

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Maybe because most of the hate is ridiculous? Maybe because he gets shot taken at him all game long? Maybe because it's a joke?
And why is that? Why are people hating on game during games? Just for the sake of it? Don't tell me it's a french things BS. It's because he's used in a role that he's not suited for.
Pascal Dupuis can play with Crosby and score over 20 goals, you're not going to tell me he's a top winger.

I have no problem wanting to upgrade any position and/or the team. If trading Desharnais helps the team? Yes please. If trading Galchenyuk helps the team? Yes please. If trading Subban helps the team? Yes please.
Trading isn't necessarily the only way of improving the team.

But right now, the guy is a Montreal Canadien. He wears the colours proudly, he loves playing for the team, he works his ass off almost every shift, and he's a pretty solid good player for his price range. Is he an elite #1 center? No. Is he a useful player? Damn right he can be.

I'd like to improve lots of places on the team, but I don't sit here bashing a playing a non-stop.

I didn't like Bouillon, and I got on his case - but not to the extent some people did. Same thing with Spacek. It just makes no sense.
People are upset because they feel the team could improve without making any trades. I've been saying for the longest time that Max should have been placed next to Plekanec in order to build a better top line. One that will be able to take on any role and match up. That ship has sailed now, but Galy should be playing center. It's painfully obvious. The guy thrives when he has room and can pick up speed, exactly like Seguin. We also need him to carry the puck more. Moving him to center would immediately give him this.

I'd love to upgrade Pacioretty in a power forward who can score and give a consistent effort every night. Probably not going to happen overnight, so why sit here and hate on Pacioretty because he's not exactly what I want?
If we had a better winger playing in a lower offensive role, getting less PP minutes and overall minutes, and Max only gave you decent production, you bet your ass you'd see a lot of bashing towards Max.
People bash DD because he's used as if he's our best offensive center. He's not and people are tired of seeing him used as if he was.

Hate on the management for not finding the moves? Sure. Hate on Therrien for playing him in a role he's probably not best suited for? Sure. Hating on the player who works his ass off for the CH is ridiculous.
No disagreement there. Although DD deserves his share of criticism for being overly predictable and not trying to add more weapons to his arsenal. I don't understand why he didn't work on his shooting more during the off-season. I don't get why he doesn't shoot more during the games. He's not an elite playmaker, he put up over 40 assists once and that was playing with two 30 goal scorers. So he should try to improve his shot.
He also needs to use his other winger more. It's always about Max.
So people have a right to criticize him for his game too.

Didn't say he was the greatest player ever, but he is in fact underrated like Subban said. Of course, TVA and RDS overrates him, but whatever - I don't listen to that crap, so that's as much as I know on the subject.

Maybe he is, but when your go-to offensive guy puts up 50pts. There's very little to underrate. The guy battles hard, he can make some nice passes, that's it. He has no business centering your best winger.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
The best thing last night was when Talbot and I think Cliche were coming down on a 2 on 1, and Seguin said the two quebecers coming down on a 2 on 1. What shoddy commentating. Did anyone else hear that :laugh:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
LLEuA9l.gif

SkeletalWigglyCuscus.gif

Thats great lol

first thing i thought of on the colorado goal was thats what i HOPED subban would do on the lightning one but both plays resulted in goals so cant complain lol

+ we'll always have the boston breakaway

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The best thing last night was when Talbot and I think Cliche were coming down on a 2 on 1, and Seguin the two quebecers coming down on a 2 on 1. What shoddy commentating. Did anyone else hear that :laugh:

Ya I heard that ''les 2 quebecois contre Subban''. TVA Sport is bad. A little more and they'd put subtle propaganda messages during the game.

Last time I was watching UFC fight night on TVA sport, the commentator kept referring to one of the fighters as ''L'Chinois''.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Perfect description of his play this year. We knew he had the tools, but he was still a boy among men before this year. Now, you can see he's comfortable at the NHL level, willing to make the extra move or hold onto the puck a little longer to make a play.
Next step is for him to find a consistent scoring touch and he'll be scary.

Watching Galchenyuk grow and evolve as a player reminds me of watching Subban during his early years. I remember in 2010, watching the Olympics, wondering if we'll ever have a defenseman like Drew Doughty on our team. Then right before our very eyes, Subban just became elite. It was sort of surreal actually. I finally understood what it felt like to have one of the best skaters in the league playing for your team.

I wonder how Flyers and Isles fans felt watching Giroux and Tavares during the early years, or how Stars fans feel now watching Seguin. I hope Galchenyuk can reach that level one day. A future #1 star centre. As a 20-something Habs fan, it's so alien to me.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If Galchy and Pleky and PAP keep it up, our other scoring line (to please Andy) will be even more dangerous than before. Teams won't be targeting them. They'll likely get a little more room too which should help DD's ridiculous pass to Pacioretty no matter what mentality.

To DD's credit he did try to pop two in the upper half of the net .
Both were the close in variety and he was over both times.
But he will score the odd one like that...
I had to laugh at Chucky trying the same thing from a bad angle he learned that from Plecky who has scored a few like that. Watch Chucky cause he will pick up on the Plecky push and release which rang off the post. Awesome....:laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Watching Galchenyuk grow and evolve as a player reminds me of watching Subban during his early years. I remember in 2010, watching the Olympics, wondering if we'll ever have a defenseman like Drew Doughty on our team. Then right before our very eyes, Subban just became elite. It was sort of surreal actually. I finally understood what it felt like to have one of the best skaters in the league playing for your team.

I wonder how Flyers and Isles fans felt watching Giroux and Tavares during the early years, or how Stars fans feel now watching Seguin. I hope Galchenyuk can reach that level one day. A future #1 star centre. As a 20-something Habs fan, it's so alien to me.
And this is why I advocated for a rebuild for all of those years. There's an entire generation of fans who don't know what it's like to see truly elite players wearing the CH and that's absolutely shocking to me. The CH ALWAYS had elite players on its roster. Right up until Patrick Roy was dealt and then came the dark years...

Nice to see it coming back and if Galchenyuk can be added to the elite along with the likes of Price and Subban, we'll be in very, very good shape going forward. The other cool thing that I used to say (and you touched on in your post) is that you get to watch these young elite talents develop before your eyes. You get to watch as they become elite and maybe HOF quality players. Watching Galchenyuk "grow up" over the next few years is going to be fun.

Hermamoud

Feb 21, 2008
Ya I heard that ''les 2 quebecois contre Subban''. TVA Sport is bad. A little more and they'd put subtle propaganda messages during the game.

Last time I was watching UFC fight night on TVA sport, the commentator kept referring to one of the fighters as ''L'Chinois''.

My head nearly exploded when I saw that TVA sports hired Mathieu Dandenault as a color commentator for UFC events. I don't think it can be more amateurish than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad