webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
His market value is pretty high.

upload_2020-12-13_18-37-51.png

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I just have a need to add a non-giraffe post,... so I'll add some unimportant facts:

TT has not played a game in 13 months.
He has played 17 pro games in the last year and a half.

Reactions: drew5580

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I just have a need to add a non-giraffe post,... so I'll add some unimportant facts:

TT has not played a game in 13 months.
He has played 17 pro games in the last year and a half.
I get what you’re saying. But at this point what functional difference is there between not playing in a game for 13 months or 9 months? (Like the rest of the team) Other than a few guys playing in Europe, none of the guys coming to camp have played in a pro game for a very long time.

Its one of the reasons I’ve been wondering how much of an advantage the few European based players will have in the battle for spots. Especially with it looking like a very short training camp is likely.

Or maybe I’m overthinking it. These guys have all been skating in some fashion gearing up for a potential season. Maybe things even out fairly quickly in camp.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I get what you’re saying. But at this point what functional difference is there between not playing in a game for 13 months or 9 months? (Like the rest of the team) Other than a few guys playing in Europe, none of the guys coming to camp have played in a pro game for a very long time.

Its one of the reasons I’ve been wondering how much of an advantage the few European based players will have in the battle for spots. Especially with it looking like a very short training camp is likely.

Or maybe I’m overthinking it. These guys have all been skating in some fashion gearing up for a potential season. Maybe things even out fairly quickly in camp.
I would think there's a bit of an advantage for guys who are playing but these kinds of intuitive assumptions are always met with surprises. Some players currently playing might be banged up, slumping, or zeroed in on the playing style asked of them. You'd think proven veterans would have an edge over kids when there isn't time to prove yourself in camp but maybe a younger guy has more pep in his step from the get, or maybe a seasoned pro understood the importance and know-how of getting himself in as close to game shape as possible coming into a short camp situation. Then you have how the org already views certain players and their potential roles coloring everything. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I would think there's a bit of an advantage for guys who are playing but these kinds of intuitive assumptions are always met with surprises. Some players currently playing might be banged up, slumping, or zeroed in on the playing style asked of them. You'd think proven veterans would have an edge over kids when there isn't time to prove yourself in camp but maybe a younger guy has more pep in his step from the get, or maybe a seasoned pro understood the importance and know-how of getting himself in as close to game shape as possible coming into a short camp situation. Then you have how the org already views certain players and their potential roles coloring everything. It'll be interesting to say the least.
Lot of good points. I’d add to the above ..

I don’t think any established NHL regulars are really in any trouble. As opposed to someone like Lazar who has been battling to be one the last few years with AHL time on his resume. Or Mitts who hasn’t been able to show he belongs yet.

That said, whatever roster sizes the NHL/NHLPA agree to may make this moot. They may be able to carry everyone into the season involved in any roster battles due extra roster spots and/or “taxi squad”.

I think Tage falls into the category of someone they are expecting on the roster. As opposed to someone battling to be there.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Was he enough return for the ROR trade, no definitely not. Was he bad, yes, but he was put into a wrong position from people who had no clue how develop players. He should have been in the minors all along.
But this season and with Granato he is coming along nicely and I think he will be a useful contributor. I actually like Tage know and boy I hated him, but it was not his fault.

(I am not sure it wasn't through sabremikes experimental giraffe therapy, admit it you are his personal off season trainer!)

Reactions: sabremike

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Was he enough return for the ROR trade, no definitely not. Was he bad, yes, but he was put into a wrong position from people who had no clue how develop players. He should have been in the minors all along.
But this season and with Granato he is coming along nicely and I think he will be a useful contributor. I actually like Tage know and boy I hated him, but it was not his fault.

(I am not sure it wasn't through sabremikes experimental giraffe therapy, admit it you are his personal off season trainer!)

I’m not a fan of Tage’s offensive game, but really like his defensive game. He really uses his reach to poke or steal the puck away.

Reactions: Team Cozens

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I’m not a fan of Tage’s offensive game, but really like his defensive game. He really uses his reach to poke or steal the puck away.
Its good to have some of those young guys in bottom six roles that grow with the team

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Eh. I think his defensive awareness is about on par with his offensive awareness

Its good to have some of those young guys in bottom six roles that grow with the team

Depending on the type of player and the deployments. I like the idea of a sheltered offensive 3rd line that gets high ozone deployments, and that can be good to bring younger guys along. But, if your 4th line is going to play 6 minutes a night, they typically are better off in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad