Confirmed with Link: Tage Thompson resigned for 3 years, $1.4M AAV

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Not sure I get this. Presumably they're gambling that he'll break out, and the deal will turn into a steal, but it feels like he'd need to break out in a pretty big way for that to be the case, and I just don't see any reason to assume that will happen. Even if he manages to establish himself as a legitimate NHLer next year, they'd probably still be able to sign him for roughly what he'd make in years 2 and 3 of this deal.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Not sure I get this. Presumably they're gambling that he'll break out, and the deal will turn into a steal, but it feels like he'd need to break out in a pretty big way for that to be the case, and I just don't see any reason to assume that will happen. Even if he manages to establish himself as a legitimate NHLer next year, they'd probably still be able to sign him for roughly what he'd make in years 2 and 3 of this deal.

Yeah. It's the term that baffles me more than the money. $1.4m AAV? Meh, who cares. We've got the space. But 3 years? On Tage? Coming off an injury? I thought for sure we'd make him take his QO.

Reactions: brian_griffin

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah. It's the term that baffles me more than the money. $1.4m AAV? Meh, who cares. We've got the space. But 3 years? On Tage? Coming off an injury? I thought for sure we'd make him take his QO.

Possible he is trade bait? Specifically for Schmaltz. Jankowski and Armstrong both presumably like him a lot.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Possible he is trade bait? Specifically for Schmaltz. Jankowski and Armstrong both presumably like him a lot.

It is entirely possible that he is indeed trade bait.

Of course with Schmaltz being a RW. And Tage being a RW.........I'm more than a little paranoid that the RW we're dangling as trade bait in a deal is Reinhart.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

He has played in only 46% of the possible NHL games on his last deal. 10G/11A , 21 points for a solid 0.08 points per game, at an outstanding -34.

He clearly deserves a raise!

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Tage has been hanging out in the PHX metro for the offseason, he was playing golf about a mile from my childhood home.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tage has been hanging out in the PHX metro for the offseason, he was playing golf about a mile from my childhood home.

I'm not going to be surprised if Schmaltz is Buffalo property by the end of the 2nd round then.

Coyotes hired Jankowski and he's running the draft, able to participate.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It is entirely possible that he is indeed trade bait.

Of course with Schmaltz being a RW. And Tage being a RW.........I'm more than a little paranoid that the RW we're dangling as trade bait in a deal is Reinhart.

Don't get my hopes up!

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Adams didn't want to burned by nickling and diming him (aka Piluting). If he doesn't sign his QO he can sign with any team for $1,439,820 AAV and the Sabres either have to match or get no compensation.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad