Tage Thompson and Rasmus Dahlin or Jason Robertson and Miro Heiskanen?

Who would you take?

• Buffalos pair

Votes: 200 76.0%
  • Dallas pair

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Flip a coin

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Dallas duo without thinking twice. If you honestly think it's Buffalo's pair you box score watch the Stars. People assume that since Miro is not putting up 50+ points is he not viable compared to others. Dude is just on another gear that most others D men but unless you watch him play a lot you will never see it. Both Thompson and Robertson are a wash, they both are highly gifted so it comes down to Miro vs Dahlin.

Right, which is what makes it the Sabres.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
He's big, can move well and of course score, but overall his qualities are those of a triggerman winger whereas playmaking, defensive duties, or traditional centerman chores like faceoffs aren't his forte. That's not to say it was a mistake to move him to the middle position, but it's difficult to build a winning team around him as the 1C.
I mean, besides his goal scoring Tage is a top 15 Center in assists…. And he’s no Bergeron but his defensive game is pretty good - his reach is a pain in the ass for opponents. Faceoffs can come with age and experience.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Tage and Robo even eachother out
Dahlin has the edge on Miro (although by a hair due to the point totals)

Hence the Sabres duo but a coin flip is the right decision here

When it comes to a poll this tight, it can easily change in 1-2 years from now and that’s what makes these debates interesting.

Last edited:

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I think it simply comes down to player preference. Thompson/Robertson are so close. I think you could say Robertson may have the better two year resume, but Thompson may carry the higher top end potential.

Dahlin vs. Miro also comes to preference. I of course prefer Dahlin, and can point to certain stats this year to share why, but they are close close players. You are talking about minor minor differences in production/ability for both duos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad