Tage Thompson and Rasmus Dahlin or Jason Robertson and Miro Heiskanen?

Who would you take?

• Buffalos pair

Votes: 200 76.0%
  • Dallas pair

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Flip a coin

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Buffalo. Dahlin/Miro is pretty close to even. Tage is better and plays the more important position, so that swings it to Buffalo.

Reactions: Takurcitee

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
I think they're pretty even.

But could you imagine Robertson on Thompson's wing, and a Miro-Dahlin D-pairing?

Reactions: start winnin

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I like Robertson more than Thompson, even considering position. Concurrently have Dahlin further ahead Heiskanen by a slightly larger margin.

Would take Buffalo, but it’s close.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty even, as a Stars' fan. Thompson being a C lets me defer the choice to position.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Sabres pair, Thompson is a magical unicorn with his combination of size and skill, Dahlin is not that far off for being a magical unicorn. This is no sleight on the Stars pair, but just that the Sabres duo presents a rarer combination.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Both pairs are amazing but Buffalo's pair bring more to the table IMO
So I went with them

Nothing against Dallas, I'd take them in a hearbeat too

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Dallas, if only narrowly. I'm not convinced that Thompson can ever be a legit 1C so his positional bonus isn't that big.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He's doing it this year though? Even last year, he was a legit 1C even if he wasn't nearly as productive as he is this year...........
He's big, can move well and of course score, but overall his qualities are those of a triggerman winger whereas playmaking, defensive duties, or traditional centerman chores like faceoffs aren't his forte. That's not to say it was a mistake to move him to the middle position, but it's difficult to build a winning team around him as the 1C.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He's big, can move well and of course score, but overall his qualities are those of a triggerman winger whereas playmaking, defensive duties, or traditional centerman chores like faceoffs aren't his forte. That's not to say it was a mistake to move him to the middle position, but it's difficult to build a winning team around him as the 1C.

OK, he sucks at faceoffs.....that I give you. But his vision and playmaking are kind of high-end. And his defensive ability has progressed to the point that he's a main PKer right now. And boy howdy did he blow as a winger.

Lots of teams would love to have Tage as their 1C. Lots. Right now, he's a top 10 center in the NHL.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Dallas duo without thinking twice. If you honestly think it's Buffalo's pair you box score watch the Stars. People assume that since Miro is not putting up 50+ points is he not viable compared to others. Dude is just on another gear that most others D men but unless you watch him play a lot you will never see it. Both Thompson and Robertson are a wash, they both are highly gifted so it comes down to Miro vs Dahlin.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
ohhh my god, Buffalo. Tage Thompson is pretty much the 2nd best 5v5 player in the league right now.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Tage = Robertson — the 6’7 center wins out
Dahlin > Heiskanen ainec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad