Player Discussion Tage Thompson 2

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I mean, I guess we will have to wait and see how this works, but the idea of 'take the player with the worst hockey smarts on the team and put him in a position that requires the most hockey smarts" seems like a bad idea.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Tage at center is going to make you forget Eichel was ever on this team.
If only because constantly banging our heads on the wall to grasp the logic of this roster will lead to permanent memory loss for most of us.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Tage is surprisingly good defensively. If he had a quicker release he could have scored tonight as well. I wish he could shoot like his penalty shot during regular play but he always has that ridiculous wind up time.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
He’s definitely a center, looks the part out there. I’ve stuck up for him since the trade, thought he could be really good, but this is surprising.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Remember that time we drafted a center #2 overall and then didn't play him there until six years later for part of a season right before we traded him? If only we had hired Granato back in 2015.

Sorry, back to Tage. I know a lot of people have a sour taste in their mouths still from the ROR trade, but Tage does have a high ceiling, and I hope the new coaching and management team can help him reach it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad