Player Discussion Tage Thompson 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I don't think this is about mishandling as I have said before....it's about ego....if he sends Tage down, he admits he lost the OReilly trade bad. Not that everyone doesn't know it already. How can owner watch this product and feel proud about it? Is this team mentally strong enough to recover from where we were in December to the colossal collapse of where we are now? How mentally broken is this team....what will it take to fix it?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Tage is going to tank the Amerks in the playoffs lol. This kid is a f***ing abyss of a hockey player

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Tage seems like a project prospect and the exact type of guy you don't want to rush to the NHL. He's tall (but skinny) and has puck skills but other than that he doesn't know how to play the game. He looks lost in games at the NHL level. Hopefully he'll show something in the AHL once Bott actually sends him down.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Tage seems like a project prospect and the exact type of guy you don't want to rush to the NHL. He's tall (but skinny) and has puck skills but other than that he doesn't know how to play the game. He looks lost in games at the NHL level. Hopefully he'll show something in the AHL once Bott actually sends him down.

Tage should have been in Rochester months ago. Now, with the season winding down, there is not enough time to work on his game, develop confidence and bond with teammates and line mates. I see him flopping in Rochester at this point and - since he'll be new to the team and Taylor will be obliged to play him - the likelihood that he will end up hurting the Amerks' chances is high. The only chance to avoid that is to send him down immediately.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Kid hasn't scored a goal in 22 games but somehow has never been in danger of getting booted to rochester. At this point, he'll probably need to spend most of next year there just to rebuild his confidence and work on developing more of a well rounded game.

Thanks, Botts.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Kid hasn't scored a goal in 22 games but somehow has never been in danger of getting booted to rochester. At this point, he'll probably need to spend most of next year there just to rebuild his confidence and work on developing more of a well rounded game.

Thanks, Botts.

"
Thanks for your message Kirby!

It's a situation where i had to play him, or else i would look bad.

sent from Pegulas Yacht
"

Reactions: Chainshot

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This has been the boldest decision to keep someone up all year since Grigorenko. And while still a stupid decision, at least they had a desperate need for a center.

They had numerous other options to try. To not cycle thru your options when it was beyond clear Tage wasn’t ready is truly concerning.

There is no good argument to have kept him up and not given a look to Nylander and Olofsson.

And before the nonsense begins, no playing 5 games in Buffalo would not ruin the Rochester magic environment for VO or Nylander or whoever. There’s no taint or all the other weirdo O’Reilly style concerns.

Those guys would be jazzed to play in front of the big crowd, make most of their ahl salary for the year in a week, and go back down hungry for more.

Tage better be a 25 goal scorer next year that isn’t a turnover machine to justify this self harm for a second year in a row.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Had had a 10 game stretch of NHL play in 70 games, so about 85% of the season he provided zero value. Nylander in 4 games looks WAY more like a NHL playe, he'd probably have 30-40 points right now in Buffalo all year.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I don't think this is about mishandling as I have said before....it's about ego....if he sends Tage down, he admits he lost the OReilly trade bad. Not that everyone doesn't know it already. How can owner watch this product and feel proud about it? Is this team mentally strong enough to recover from where we were in December to the colossal collapse of where we are now? How mentally broken is this team....what will it take to fix it?
What is there to admit?
I guess people would be less inclined if they don't have to see him suck almost every game.
I guess its just bad stale management by JB.
He seems to be making desicions in the off season which he follows through no matter what happens around him.
He has the same issues as his coach just on a management level.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For the love of the hockey gods, send the kid down.
What about to here????
Screenshot_2019-03-17-12-34-39.png

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
Had had a 10 game stretch of NHL play in 70 games, so about 85% of the season he provided zero value. Nylander in 4 games looks WAY more like a NHL playe, he'd probably have 30-40 points right now in Buffalo all year.

Shhh you can't say stuff like this around these parts, nylander is a bust!

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
What is there to admit?
I guess people would be less inclined if they don't have to see him suck almost every game.
I guess its just bad stale management by JB.
He seems to be making desicions in the off season which he follows through no matter what happens around him.
He has the same issues as his coach just on a management level.
The reason Tage isn't down and Olafsson up is because Murray drafted Olafsson..at least that's the way I see it. Probably the same reason Nylander wasn't up after a good camp. Some times I feel bad for Phil because he seems like he is a genuinely nice guy...he is just in over his head and can only play the cards that he is dealt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He’d be scoring if he would just hit the net. Y’all are too biased about a trade in your critique of him.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Shhh you can't say stuff like this around these parts, nylander is a bust!

I wouldn't prop up Nylander by comparing him to Thompson. They both have been disappointments. Nylander is 6 months older than Thompson, and another team put Thompson in for more NHL games than Nylander has seen yet, by far. I don't defend either, and I criticize them both as looking like they'll flame out of the league pretty soon. I still hope to be wrong.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I wish Tage provided zero value this season. He's been a lot worse than that.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Heck, imagine what Olofsson or Smith might've been able to contribute if they were given real (or, in Olfsson's case, any) chances. But nope, we just had to watch Tage play mostly sub-replacement level hockey all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad