T6S's GM Game 1.0 - Team Draft Edition

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I apologize in advance if anyone who wants to play can’t. Because of who this works, we can only have 15 GMs. It is highly recommended that GMs take on extra players as assistant so everyone who wants to can be involved. The commishes reserve the right to choose owners who we know are active and skilled over new players or GMs who have proven inactive/bad in the past, though we will do this as little as possible.
NEW RULES ARE ALL POSTED IN ONE FIELDSET AT THE BOTTOM. PLEASE READ ALL OF THESE. IF THIS SECTION IS IN CONFLICT WITH ANYTHING ABOVE IT, THE RULE IN THE BOTTOM STANDS.
:nhl
T6S’s game v1.0
PM me if you would like to join. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.​
[fieldset="Jobs"]
  • Main Commissioner -Top 6 Spaling
  • Co- Commissioner/ Activity Police Commissioner - Datsyuk Dangles
  • Co-Commissioner/Draft Commissioner- CoachBadKitten
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]Game Start: ?
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $90,000,000M
  • We are using 2013-14 Cap Hits except for Free Agents, they will use 2012-13 hits
  • Since teams will all be over the cap after the draft (likely), there is no rule against going after the cap this game at any point. However, if you are not cap compliant by the deadline, your team will be automatically given the #9 seed (then 10, 11, etc. as necessary).
  • Anyone who would be a UFA or RFA is automatically re-signed at their 2012-2013 cap hit. Yes, whether you want them or not. Just waive them if it’s a bad contract.
  • Use capgeek to find players salaries.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Chatzy"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Team Draft"]
  • Each GM will be in charge of two teams, determined by a team draft.
  • At the start of the game, a snake draft will take place, with the order randomly determined. One GM will have picks #1 and #30, another #2 and #29, and so on.
  • Each team has 5 minutes to make its selection once the draft starts, and if they fail to pick in that time and do not send in a team ranking list, they will be autoed the team highest in this past season’s regular season standings.
  • PICKS CAN ONLY BE TRADED IF TEAMS FLIP BOTH PICKS.
  • Once a team is drafted, their GM gets the whole organization: NHL roster, prospects, picks, etc.
  • The first team picked (1-15) is a GMs “Home Team”. This is the name that will be used for announcements and voting and such as the “official name” of a team. Additionally, the team will be assumed to play out of this city.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • Teams will have 24 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • Each team can waive as many players as they want.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent to Top 6 Spaling and Datsyuk Dangles
  • Since the teams will be so unrecognizable anyways, THERE ARE NO NTCs
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • Trading opens as soon as the draft ends and ends at the deadline
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Cap/Contract Rules"]
  • Since teams will all be over the cap after the draft (likely), there is no rule against going after the cap this game at any point. However, if you are not cap compliant by the deadline, your team will be automatically given the #9 seed (then 10, 11, etc. as necessary).
  • Despite the massive number of players involved, teams will still dress 18 skaters and 2 goalies, as normal.
  • Up to 25% of a player's cap hit may be retained
  • There is no max # of contracts a team can have
  • To clear off unwanted players, waive them as normal. There is no limit on the number of waives.
  • 2013-2014 hits, to make capgeek easier.
  • Anyone who would be a UFA or RFA is automatically re-signed at their 2012-2013 cap hit. Yes, whether you want them or not. Just waive them if it’s a bad contract.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Voting Rules"]
  • All teams will go into one conference for a standings vote, 1-15. A 1st place vote is worth 15 points, 2nd is worth 14, and so on. No divisions.
  • Seeds 1-8 will move on to the playoffs. 9-15 will compete for the KLLR cup.
  • All KLLR cup voting will be done by send-in, as usual.
  • Round one of Stanley Cup voting will be done by send in, but the semi finals and SCF will be done by the posting of a poll on the main boards. After 24 hours, the results of the poll will be collected and posted.
  • Any team over the salary cap at the deadline will be given the #9 seed.
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necessarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="GMs"]
1. Top 6 Spaling - JI123
2. PriceIsGod
3. CoachBadKitten
4. Donghabs98
5. Westcoastbias
6. The Produce Man
7. Hlaverty06
8. Water Knight
9. Rolen
10. SoulAssassin
11. KLLR
12.HanktheTankYoLo
13. LatvianTwist - Datsyuk Dangles
14. BarDownBobo
15.FlamesFan4 - Gaborikthebeast
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="Changes"]
  • Team Draft: See section above
  • Each team has infinite waives
  • Cap is now $90,000,000 (cap floor is as normal)
  • 25% max contract retention
  • There is no max contract limit
  • No NTCs
  • Voting/Conferences has changed. See above.
  • 2013-2014 cap hits
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
This game won't start until after the current one, just posting it so everyone can read the rules and know what is going on.

Also, if you post here trying to join the game, nothing will happen. You have to PM me.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Draft order has been randomized and is as follows(the numbers are off the signup list):

10, 8, 13, 4, 9, 1, 14, 7, 3, 11, 2, 12, 5, 15, 6

So the order is:

#1: SoulAssassin
#2: Water Knight
#3: LT
#4: Donghabs98
#5: Rolen
#6: Top 6 Spaling
#7: DKQ
#8: Hlaverty06
#9: CoachBadKitten
#10: KLLR
#11: Datsyuk Dangles
#12: HanktheTankYoLo
#13: Westcoastbias
#14: FlamesFan4
#15: The Produce Man
#16: The Produce Man
#17: FlamesFan4
#18: Westcoastbias
#19: HanktheTankYolo
#20: Datsyuk Dangles
#21: KLLR
#22: CoachBadKitten
#23: Hlaverty06
#24: DKQ
#25: Top 6 Spaling
#26: Rolen
#27: Donghabs98
#28: LT
#29: Water Knight
#30: SoulAssassin

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Bleh we can't at least start picking teams now? :(

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm begging someone below me to trade with them. Seriously.

PM me with your position and offer.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Looking to trade down from 4th overall. PM me if interested. Some of the teams you could get fro my pick are CHI,PIT,LA,BOS,NYR

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
With FF4 now in the game, we are full. If anyone else wants to play, please contact a GM and ask to be their assistant. If someone has to quit the game, assistants will be given first preference, plus it's fun to talk with someone else about team direction.

Draft order is above, and the game will start as soon as Gabby/Dong/KLLR give me the green light.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
New Rule: The LT Rule

After the first 15 teams have been draft, the players off that team can then be traded to move up later in the draft.

I.E. LT takes LAK at #3. He then trades Kopitar + pick #28 for pick #25. Or something like that.

THESE TRADES REQUIRE AN "OK" FROM ONE OF ME, DD, OR CBK BEFORE THEY ARE FINAL.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
New Rule: The LT Rule

After the first 15 teams have been draft, the players off that team can then be traded to move up later in the draft.

I.E. LT takes LAK at #3. He then trades Kopitar + pick #28 for pick #25. Or something like that.

THESE TRADES REQUIRE AN "OK" FROM ONE OF ME, DD, OR CBK BEFORE THEY ARE FINAL.

:nod:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm happy to announce JI123 is aboard as my assistant.

This game will start once the other one ends....but with the lack of organization there, god knows when that will be.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
With the other game ending, this will open today!

CBK has been asked to post the draft thread. Once it is up, SA can make his pick, but the clock will not start until tomorrow. Teams are welcome to select a team if they are up, but no one will be skipped.

Does tomorrow at 7EST work as a draft time for everyone?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I am interested in being a GM so if you need a replacement PM me.
(I'm not interested in being an assistant GM.)

Looks like a good game, and most GMs are experience-proven ACTIVE guys. It should be fun.

Have a good game.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
hmmm.... what team will work best with #30 Calgary.... LA? Pitt? Chi? maybe Van? or Bos? .... Ill pick tonight, give me a few... just home from work, having supper to think about it.

I bet all you guys/gals got excited when you seen I had posted :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
hmmm.... what team will work best with #30 Calgary.... LA? Pitt? Chi? maybe Van? or Bos? .... Ill pick tonight, give me a few... just home from work, having supper to think about it.

I bet all you guys/gals got excited when you seen I had posted :laugh::laugh::laugh:

tumblr_mduomm10Zp1ryu3g1o1_500.gif

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Seriously? You're on, make your ****ing pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad