Injury Report: T.J. Oshie

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Thought it would be easier having one thread on it rather than updates scattered across different places.

Strickland just tweeted that Oshie is day to day and will not skate today. Said that the fact that the Blues had not called up anyone from Chicago was an encouraging sign.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sounds like he may miss a couple games, which is great news.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
It looked like maybe a pulled groin the way he was going off the ice. Have we heard what it was yet?
He couldn't put weight on his knee after a knee on knee contact with Hall. Doesn't seem like a stretch to assume its his knee. But its starting to sound like the chances of long-term structural damage are low, so call it a "soft tissue injury to the knee" or even better "lower body injury".

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
It looked to me like he caught a knock on the upper thigh or something. Painful but not really a big deal. Charley horse type situation.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It looked to me like he caught a knock on the upper thigh or something. Painful but not really a big deal. Charley horse type situation.
The Blues will likely keep him out of The Calgary game, for which his absence won't be a crucial loss. maybe he'll be ready for the Vancouver game. If he's out only for both remaining road trip games, I can live with that, as well. Sounds like good news, but I'll be more relieved when we have an official statement that there was no structural damage, and I'll see him back playing in a game.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
He couldn't put weight on his knee after a knee on knee contact with Hall. Doesn't seem like a stretch to assume its his knee. But its starting to sound like the chances of long-term structural damage are low, so call it a "soft tissue injury to the knee" or even better "lower body injury".

I laughed hard at this

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
Just heard Hitch's interview with John Kelly on 101 and Oshie is fine. No worries from Hitch at all. He hopes Oshie can play in one or both of the remaining games on this trip

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Good news! Maybe bruised bone and nothing a little pain killer won't cure.

homeoftheBlues

Oct 10, 2011
St. Louis
That's awesome! I was really concerned especially the way he punched his fist on the ice when they were tending to him. I thought he felt that the lost the Olympics.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'd be fine with him missing both Calgary and Vancouver. Get him healthy for the Olympics, stretch run, and playoffs. If he's sore, sit him. Call up Jaskin if necessary. No need to risk it. If it's just a bruise, then he should play. Anything worse, let him have a night or two off.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
It was a "knee on knee" collision with the Oilers Taylor Hall to anyone who hasn't seen the video of the incident.

Still no official word from the Blues not surprising but of course sometime todoy Oshie will be called "day to day" with a "Lower Body Injury" :amazed:

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
That's awesome! I was really concerned especially the way he punched his fist on the ice when they were tending to him. I thought he felt that the lost the Olympics.

To be fair I punch things sometimes when something just REALLY REALLY HURTS.

In example I had a hip pointer that was way more painful than my major knee injury. Things were punched.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Heard Oshie is a game time decision. Wouldn't be a bad idea to rest him a game and let him play tomorrow against the Nucks.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Good news.

Hopefully Polak can be activated soon too.

JR said today that Polak is within a week away, but he will not play tonight or tomorrow.

Heard Oshie is a game time decision. Wouldn't be a bad idea to rest him a game and let him play tomorrow against the Nucks.

Hadn't heard that. From all accounts I heard that he was in the lineup.

If there is any question they should hold him out tonight and let him rest against Vancouver. Blues are going to be the better team in both games, but you would think you would need him more against the Canucks than you would the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad