T.J. Brodie

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Unfortunately at his cap hit he basically has zero to negative value. I'm not so sure we should be spending assets to fix the team this year. There are too many holes to fill. Tinker next year and go hardddd 2025-2026.
Like what kinda stupid deal did dubas make with him nobody would take him the 4th year cause he’s paid 7.5 in real cash boy wonder handcuffed us on so many fronts????

Yeah, he's done. Tanev will probably be his replacement.
Should have been who we got in the first place but of course dubas has his way of thinking

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
In a 82 game season, there's going to be spots where he looks underwhelming.

He's definitely lost a step, but he's an effective NHL defenseman if he's used correctly. He should not be playing on the top pair. If he's playing on the 2nd pair or even in a 3rd pair support role, you're going to see how good he can be.

But based on roster construction, the Leafs don't have much of a choice.
He was on the second pair and didn’t look good if we can get out of that contract we should

Reactions: rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I thought he was tired or playing hurt during the playoffs last year, but maybe this is it for him.
Why not rotate him and give him plenty of rest after Christmas, like never go on the road type of rest.

Reactions: arso40

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Like what kinda stupid deal did dubas make with him nobody would take him the 4th year cause he’s paid 7.5 in real cash boy wonder handcuffed us on so many fronts????

Should have been who we got in the first place but of course dubas has his way of thinking
Name calling doesn't help your point. Brodie's was a good contract but I know everything is Dubas's fault.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What boy wonder?? Really?? You took offence to that?? I don’t think you should engage in conversation on this site if that ruffled any feathers sir
Yes thats name calling. I don't think you should engage in conversation if you will just blame a previous GM on this site sir.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Yes thats name calling. I don't think you should engage in conversation if you will just blame a previous GM on this site sir.
Relax my friend don’t you find it weird that you started a conversation with me yet I shouldn’t engage in conversation at all cause YOU don’t agree with it ? Make that make sense for me and I’m actually all ears cause I didn’t say anything to YOU as much as it’s a public forum my response was to someone else not you my friend like I said I’m all ears

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Relax my friend don’t you find it weird that you started a conversation with me yet I shouldn’t engage in conversation at all cause YOU don’t agree with it ? Make that make sense for me and I’m actually all ears cause I didn’t say anything to YOU as much as it’s a public forum my response was to someone else not you my friend like I said I’m all ears
Ok

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Last year of the deal. Give him some easier minutes, and he should be okay. Has been noticeably worse though.

Only adds to my belief that we need a true top pairing defenceman to be added. No Tanev, someone better.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I said in 2021-22 that the Leafs needed to be very careful with Muzzin and Brodie, check for signs of wear and tear on the treads and make proactive moves to swap out their cap for D upgrades everywhere else. At the time Muzzin was getting banged up and declining, didn't know how close he was to the end, but thought a Muzzin out like McDonagh to Nashville would have made sense. Brodie was on a gentler curve but a smallish, not fast defenseman in his early 30s playing off wing is never ideal.

Meanwhile division rivals like Boston and Florida were snapping up guys like Lindholm and Montour and Forsling like Value Village thrifts...

Yet like everything else to do with goaltending and defense, the previous management regime was just never close to being proactive and intelligent. Just let the snow tires wear out and whoopsies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You mean like you did blaming Lou for every f**k up Dubas did? Oh the irony………

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I said in 2021-22 that the Leafs needed to be very careful with Muzzin and Brodie, check for signs of wear and tear on the treads and make proactive moves to swap out their cap for D upgrades everywhere else. At the time Muzzin was getting banged up and declining, didn't know how close he was to the end, but thought a Muzzin out like McDonagh to Nashville would have made sense. Brodie was on a gentler curve but a smallish, not fast defenseman in his early 30s playing off wing is never ideal.

Meanwhile division rivals like Boston and Florida were snapping up guys like Lindholm and Montour and Forsling like Value Village thrifts...

Yet like everything else to do with goaltending and defense, the previous management regime was just never close to being proactive and intelligent. Just let the snow tires wear out and whoopsies.
This is why I’m more interested in younger D men who’s resume might not be as deep, but still has years to improve without all those hard miles. Brodie in particular avoids contact like the plague………

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I still don’t think he has lost a step this year. I think it is mental. He has 2 major family issues. Probably not sleeping/brain fog.

IF he can return to form it is a massive plus for us. That’s a big iff though. Larson had to leave Edmonton to get over his dad passing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad