HAPPY BIRTHDAY! T-Boobs Appreciation thread

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Especially earlier on, Barrie frustrated me a lot but he matured over time to become a top offensive talent in the league. It was cool to see. Seems like a great guy and it's too bad our core loses not only a part of it but a friend on the team. In the end, he's one of the few recent former Avs who I'll be happy to cheer on when he's gone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I may not have been his biggest fan as a player, but he was an extremely likeable personality in the locker room. Best of luck to him in Toronto and wherever he goes after that.

HowlerHasARing

May 19, 2019
Saw the trade this morning...

giphy.gif

Wish him the best, easily one of my fav dmen of the ''new era'' with Liles.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good luck in Toronto and UFA Tyson! One of the best defenseman ever to don an Avalanche uniform.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
damn I knew I shouldn't have come into this yet.. :( Good luck T- Boobs hope you tear it up it TO!!

Reactions: Y3TI

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I was probably too hard on Tyson while he was with the Avs.

He is a true professional, with great character and one of the best Avs defenceman.

I think, because of what he could do on offence the expectations started to become unrealistic for Barrie. He’s not Victor Hedman, and that’s ok.

I’m sure he’ll do very well in Toronto.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anybody who follows Tyson on Insta he just made a pretty nice post. Such a likable guy both on and off the ice and I think he is going to be truly missed by this organization.

Credit to Sakic for making the necessary move to try and take this team to the next level, it is exactly what we have long been waiting to see from him and he went out and did it.

But god damn it still hurts to see Tyson go. What a player and what a person he is. I became a 0.1% Toronto Maple Leaf fan on Monday thanks to that trade. Hopefully he leaves them and signs elsewhere as a UFA so I can comfortably be rooting for him going forward.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Damn...

Knew this was a very likely scenario due to the combination of our need for a 2nd line center and the timing of his contract's expiration combined with the upcoming XD. But it still bums me out. Don't get me wrong, I actually love Kadri and think he's going to be a fantastic addition. He's go the skill to be a solid #2 center and brings an element with his play style that the AVs sorely lack. I'm looking forward to seeing him, but damn....I'm going to miss Barrie....a lot.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I remember being so pissed when this happened.

I’m still bitter about that play. Avs should have been able to tear through the wild that series if Barrie had stayed in the lineup. Duchene was eying a return from his knee injury and stastny landy Mack line was going OFF on home ice.
There was a hilarious photoshop of Cooke’s knee being like 10 feet long on the main boards that was pretty hilarious after that hit though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad