HAPPY BIRTHDAY! T-Boobs Appreciation thread

timothy jimothy

Apr 12, 2019
Not gonna lie, this one hurts.

Wish he could've seen some of the success that this team, his buddies, are hopefully going to see in the next few years.

Wasn't meant to be though with the timing of the expiring contract and the Seattle expansion draft just over the horizon. All the best to him and his future.

PS: F*** Newport Sports Management.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
My heart is broken. He didn't step up too often, what made him under appreciated by the fans. However, he did it when the team really needed him.

Remember 2018, when we lost Mack by the end of the season ? Tyson came with a monster performance in March.
Remember this year, when we lost Landy by the end of the season ? Again, great performance by Tyson in March.

No matter how our D pairings will look like, he'll be missed here.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
That 09 draft was one of our best ever and TB was the last remaining pick from that draft.

I know we still have a healthy trade tree from it but it still feels weird that all those core players, who were supposed to lead us to the promised land, are all gone.

Gonna miss you TB........Great Player

Reactions: cgf

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Highest scoring defenseman in franchise history. Helped bring this team out of the muck and get it back on track, and was part of the best draft class the Avs will likely ever have. Fare thee well, TB4, best of luck in the hockey capital of the world.

I am assuming he’ll have to pick a new number, right. Either someone has 4 already or they retired it, I’m guessing.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I will never call someone 'our best defenseman' if you can't rely on them to defend when the game is on the line. One of the best offensive Dmen in the league and Mackinnons BFF will certainly be missed, but at the contract he will demand and our current make up he was a luxury. Just glad he is on my other favourite team so I can still cheer for him

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
He has been my favourite player since that first year Roy was coach. It sucks to see him go but we could see it coming. The last time I was this disappointed about losing a player was probably Forsberg (Stastny hurt too).

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We will miss you, Tyson.
On the score sheet, on the ice, and around town.
Good luck, my man, wish you success!

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Good luck to him, great player and appears to be a great guy. Will be missed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It'll be ok Tyson, just come home next summer...don't become the next ROR or Dutchy...please...

Watching him & Makar on our blueline for 42 minutes a night was just a delight, especially after all of the years of wnating to see what he could do when not saddled with the kind of garbage we've partnered him with over the years. He'll be Toronto's best blueliner this season.

E:
...and made myself sad lol

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm going to miss the clutch goals.
I'm going to miss the odd man rushes he created.
I'm going to miss him jumping into the play.
But honestly, I'm mostly going to miss the smile, the happy-go-lucky attitude, and joy he expressed in everything he does.

Thanks for everything Tyson. I hope you win a cup in Toronto (assuming it's not against Colorado)

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Tyson effing Barrie.... thanks for making me a semi-fan of the Kelowna Rockets, for countless great moments, for countless great goals, for many great assists, for always stepping up when you needed to carry our defense, for being a huge part of this early core of the new Avs generation which is much more "my Avalanche" than the first generation was, for your underrated defense in your first years, for being such a big factor in creating the character of this team and for being pretty funny most of the time.
Be amazing in Toronto, just not quite as amazing as our (future) top 4. (You're allowed to outscore Timmins.) See you in blue and white.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I will never call someone 'our best defenseman' if you can't rely on them to defend when the game is on the line. One of the best offensive Dmen in the league and Mackinnons BFF will certainly be missed, but at the contract he will demand and our current make up he was a luxury. Just glad he is on my other favourite team so I can still cheer for him

lol

Reactions: dahrougem2

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I am assuming he’ll have to pick a new number, right. Either someone has 4 already or they retired it, I’m guessing.

Yep, 4 is retired in Toronto. Red Kelly and Hap Day apparently.
I hear 43 is available... :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad