Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Eamon Powell will use his extra year of eligibility to play a 5th season for BC in 2024-25.

While Powell remains in college, it puts off his signing deadline for another year.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Him going to junior for a year only means he needs 3 years of NCAA before being UFA eligible (4 years removed from the draft). Very possible he may want to pick where he wants to play.
I may have this wrong but my understanding is that players drafted that go into the NCAA don't have their rights held for a certain timeframe before their rights are lost like players who play in leagues that have NHL-transfer agreements do. NCAA players must complete their program to become UFA eligible. 4 years is just the typical time for an NCAA program.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
OSB narrowly knocked SC out of the final playoff spot. The Stingrays have now fired their coach.

"Missing the Kelly Cup Playoffs in 2022 and 2024 and losing last year in the first round is not the standard and expectation for our organization, and we need to get back to playing meaningful hockey in May and June."
but that's their standard.

SC has the rookie of the year, Austin Magera. Doesn't matter.

The 21-22 season is almost unfair. Kotyk started the season as assistant coach, and only had the last 18 games of the season in the big chair. They went 10-8-0, and missed. There was still time to have turned their season around, which is why it was done with nearly 20 games left.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch lose Game 1 of the playoffs 3-2 to the Amerks

- Joel Bouchard starts Brandon Halverson over Hugo says a lot about Alnefelt's play the past few weeks
- Dylan Duke, in what is technically his 4th professional game, scores his first AHL goal

Ethan Gauthier assists on the game winner for Drummondville as they start the 3rd round vs Victoriaville

Gauthier has 10 goals, 19 points in 11 playoff games

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
OSB played last night with a 9 pm start. I don't think the ice was especially good, given that an NBA game had just been played a few hours before.

The Kia Center staff got the place converted in under three hours. They didn't have enough time to convert all the seating, but they got the essentials done.

It was a Saturday night, but I was still sort of surprised by the number of kids in attendance.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Crunch win Game 2 in OT

- 1 assist on Day's goal in the 3rd for the lead and the the OT winner for Fortier
- Duke has a point in each playoff game

Shaugabay's season ends as Green Bay falls to Muskegon in the playoffs.

He finishes with 4 goals, 6 points, in 8 playoff games, including this game winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad