GDT: Switzerland vs Austria @ 11am PT/ 2pm ET/ 8pm CEST

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Don’t mean to hog all the GDT’s but nothing up so you’re going to suffer my silliness once again HF.

Another summer day of hockey for us to enjoy
B2C8C43F-5B89-4561-80E3-8D32C8C86EEA.gif

Switzerland are the favourites here
3265B047-01E5-476E-8CDE-0B3C723E60EA.gif

And even with their defensive style, I expect them to pelt the Austrian netminder
33597DD1-ABC7-47DB-AAE0-90DF9D78CEA6.gif

Hopefully he’s up to the task & keeps it close
76C8B407-C39F-419B-AE15-33512547D904.gif

As it will require a total team effort by Austria to cripple the Swiss
3A8A774F-7870-4994-96EA-D32933F78F6F.gif

So let’s hope for an exciting, high scoring Game
25A366ED-A05E-47FA-AB76-1E243589941A.gif

Although even a lower scoring game is better than
874886AA-5F30-4033-A6B9-EFCFBF904FDB.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy and Statsy

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This has to be one of the weakest versions of the Swiss team I’ve seen in years.
It's actually one of the better teams, even without our two best eligible defenders and three of our best eligible forwards. No real top prospect but a very deep team without weak links and a very solid goaltender. All of these guys have significant experience in pro leagues or the worlds top junior leagues. So even though there's no elite talent, this team should not perform like this. The team is just poorly coached and therefore has zero strategy or discipline. They crippled themselves in every single game this tournament, be it with poor goaltending, lazy ass penaltys or horrible turnovers. This is what you're gonna get with clown coaches.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
It's actually one of the better teams, even without our two best eligible defenders and three of our best eligible forwards. No real top prospect but a very deep team without weak links and a very solid goaltender. All of these guys have significant experience in pro leagues or the worlds top junior leagues. So even though there's no elite talent, this team should not perform like this. The team is just poorly coached and therefore has zero strategy or discipline. They crippled themselves in every single game this tournament, be it with poor goaltending, lazy ass penaltys or horrible turnovers. This is what you're gonna get with clown coaches.
I’ve been watching this tournament for 30 years and I can assure you this is definitely NOT one of their better teams.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just tuned in now and holy mother god what an awful turnover by Taibel. Like wtf. The "defense" by Dionico and Streule was also questionable at the very least. Dionico was beyond awful against Germany already. A proper coach would have scratched him today.
Also, lol @ the mickey mouse coaches scratching Zanetti. If that was the plan, they could have done it vs Germany already. Instead they play him 2mins vs Germany to scratch him today. As if he did something wrong in the 3 shifts (or whatever) he played vs Germany.

Surprised Graf is in today. I didn't see a reason to bench him so early vs Germany or was it an injury he recovered quickly from? Curious case.

I’ve been watching this tournament for 30 years and I can assure you this is definitely NOT one of their better teams.
Yeah. The product on the ice is bad yeah. But if you compare the quality of the team to the teams we had in the last say 10 years it's actually one of the better teams, even without 5 of our top eligible players. So it's really because of the clowns behind the bench, not because of poor player material. Again, there's no elite talent but name me one weak link. You won't find one. All of these guys are playing pro hockey or top junior league hockey except the goalie minion.

Our december team won't be nearly as good as this one. I can tell you that already. At least juding by the quality of the roster. If we get better coaching the product on the ice could actually be better but I'm not holding my breath. Might take a few more poor years for something to happen.

Last edited:

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Just tuned in now and holy mother god what an awful turnover by Taibel. Like wtf. The "defense" by Dionico and Streule was also questionable at the very least. Dionico was beyond awful against Germany already. A proper coach would have scratched him today.
Also, lol @ the mickey mouse coaches scratching Zanetti. If that was the plan, they could have done it vs Germany already. Instead they play him 2mins vs Germany to scratch him today. As if he did something wrong in the 3 shifts (or whatever) he played vs Germany.

Surprised Graf is in today. I didn't see a reason to bench him so early vs Germany or was it an injury he recovered quickly from? Curious case.
Delemot was in Mr Hyde mode again too in the first period. Tried to beat an opposing forechecker on the PP with a quick turn using his edgework as last man. Of course he wiped out.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Knak has been disappointing in this tournament as an "overager". He hasnt been much better than two years ago as a draft eligible player.

Edit: Streule's stache is slighly better than Allenspachs.

Reactions: Statsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad