WJC: Switzerland roster talk

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I am surprised that Barandun didn't make the team. Defense looks actually pretty good, but the offence is a little bit weak.
Yeah i dont really know why they didn’t take him maybe because he got sent down to the nlb team of davos. Does anyone know why?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Rochette plays for canada and looks like delemont isn’t good enough

I'm surprised that Delemont isn't good enough. I think I have seen him ranked to be drafted in the 2nd round next year at best and always being one of the top Swiss guys to be drafted. With Rochette I wasn't sure if it was certain yet that he has chosen Canada over Switzerland. I mean it's very unlikely that he gets to represent Canada in a best on best tournament maybe ever but would more likely make the Swiss roster.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
I'm surprised that Delemont isn't good enough. I think I have seen him ranked to be drafted in the 2nd round next year at best and always being one of the top Swiss guys to be drafted. With Rochette I wasn't sure if it was certain yet that he has chosen Canada over Switzerland. I mean it's very unlikely that he gets to represent Canada in a best on best tournament maybe ever but would more likely make the Swiss roster.
Yeah i think rochette will hopefully play for us again at mans level because Canadas team is exremly hard to make in comparison to the swiss one. And i have heard that delemont is playing terrible in the qmjhl but i cant tell i have never seen him play in the qmjhl

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Yeah i think rochette will hopefully play for us again at mans level because Canadas team is exremly hard to make in comparison to the swiss one. And i have heard that delemont is playing terrible in the qmjhl but i cant tell i have never seen him play in the qmjhl

I hope Fischer is still coach then and he doesn't invite him. If Malgin is punished for some minor thing then refusing to play for country you were born in and learned everything about hockey should be automatic ban from NT forever.

Reactions: Speyer

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
He's 17, that's a tough decision to take, I wouldn't blame him too much for that. And Fischer won't too, as long as he's fully commited to what he's doing.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
He's 17, that's a tough decision to take, I wouldn't blame him too much for that. And Fischer won't too, as long as he's fully commited to what he's doing.

If Malgin gets shafted for two years because he didn't attend some meaningless prospect tournament then there need to be some repercussions in Rochettes case as well. You talk about commitment, Rochette activley contacted Hockey Canada and gave them a long time commitment to play for them. He did that as soon as he left Switzerland, it was a calculated move. If he hadnt done that the Canadian Federation wouldt have taken him in at all. I also don't like the "he was only 17" argument. Lots of young adults in Switzerland hold Jobs/Aprenticeships at that age, where they are basically treated like adults and hold adult responsibilities. At 17 you have to know that your actions have consequences. If he were a year older and a legal adult we wouldnt even have this conversation. Now Rochette decided to play for Canada wich is his right, but i don't think he should just be welcomed back once he realizes he won't cut it on team Canada and decides to play for Switzerland once again as his backup plan. If that were to happen, it would be a slap in the face for any player who may not have Rochettes talent, but would give anything to represent his country at the WJC or WC.

Reactions: pukovnik

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I mean I don't know Theo and I don't know why he did that and what his thoughts were and how much his parents were behind this or not. I don't want to judge that. Obviously I'd like to see him now play for Switzerland and I can understand the blame. But there is a lot of space between just coming back and calling him up for every tournament (which I wouldn't do either) and an automatic ban for the rest of his career. I just wanted to say that if he expresses the wish to play for Switzerland again there should be talks and I'm sure Fischer would find a solution which would pay respect to all positive and negative sides of the affair. And I don't think you should call him up immediatly or give him any free pass to each WC or whatever.

And I really hope there will be talks between Fischer, Malgin and Kukan next summer and that both will play for the team again afterwards.

Reactions: Hinterland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Sure I wouldnt go as far as to just ban him for good. But he definitley would have to wait a couple of years so that there is at least some consistency with Fischers other punishment measures...

Reactions: pukovnik

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Paterlini cuts Elvis Schläpfer, Simon Wüest, Keijo Weibel and Nicola Christen.

Roster for the final preparation week:

Torhüter (3): Stéphane Charlin (Genève Servette HC), Luca Hollenstein (EV Zug), Akira Schmid (Omaha Lancers/USHL).
Verteidiger (9): David Aebischer (Gatineau Olympiques/QMJHL), Tim Berni (ZSC Lions), Giancarlo Chanton (Niagara IceDogs/OHL), Nico Gross (Oshawa Generals/OHL), Bastian Guggenheim (SCL Tigers), Mika Henauer (SC Bern), Janis Moser (HC Bienne), Rocco Pezzullo (HC Ambrì-Piotta), Yanick Stampfli (EV Zug).
Stürmer (15): Fabian Berri (GCK/ZSC Lions), Jeremi Gerber (SC Bern), Gaétan Jobin (Charlottetown Islanders/QMJHL), Simon Knak (Portland Winterhawks/WHL), Gilian Kohler (EHC Biel-Bienne), Julian Mettler (EHC Kloten), Valentin Nussbaumer (Shawinigan Cataractes/QMJHL), Stéphane Patry (Genève-Servette HC), Joel Salzgeber (SCL Tigers), Sandro Schmid (Fribourg-Gottéron), Kyen Sopa (Niagara IceDogs/OHL), Yves Stoffel (EV Zug), Matthew Verboon (Colgate University/NCAA), Mathieu Vouillamoz (Genève-Servette HC), Gian-Marco Wetter (SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers).

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

Pascal Blatter

Jan 2, 2019

Torhüter (3): Stéphane Charlin (Genève Servette HC), Luca Hollenstein (EV Zug), Akira Schmid (Omaha Lancers/USHL).
Verteidiger (9): David Aebischer (Gatineau Olympiques/QMJHL), Tim Berni (ZSC Lions), Giancarlo Chanton (Niagara IceDogs/OHL), Nico Gross (Oshawa Generals/OHL), Bastian Guggenheim (SCL Tigers), Mika Henauer (SC Bern), Janis Moser (HC Bienne), Rocco Pezzullo (HC Ambrì-Piotta), Yanick Stampfli (EV Zug).
Stürmer (15): Fabian Berri (GCK/ZSC Lions), Jeremi Gerber (SC Bern), Gaétan Jobin (Charlottetown Islanders/QMJHL), Simon Knak (Portland Winterhawks/WHL), Gilian Kohler (EHC Biel-Bienne), Julian Mettler (EHC Kloten), Valentin Nussbaumer (Shawinigan Cataractes/QMJHL), Stéphane Patry (Genève-Servette HC), Joel Salzgeber (SCL Tigers), Sandro Schmid (Fribourg-Gottéron), Kyen Sopa (Niagara IceDogs/OHL), Yves Stoffel (EV Zug), Matthew Verboon (Colgate University/NCAA), Mathieu Vouillamoz (Genève-Servette HC), Gian-Marco Wetter (SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers).

who's gonna survive the last cut? suggestions?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Who are the stars of this team?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Players to watch:
Janis Moser (Played already senior WC last year)
Tim Berni (Blue Jackets Prospect)
Nico Gross (Rangers Prospect)
Akira Schmid (NJD Prospect)
Valentin Nussbaumer (Coyotes Prospect)
Simon Knak (2020 Draft Prospect)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad