Barandun-delemont
HM:baragano,anex,pezullo,henauer,heinen

Schmid
Holenstein
Patenaude
HM:charlin

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Is Simon Knak a lock to be there? Portland fan here that hasnt watched him live yet but hes been a great addition to our team so far

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So is it now certain that Rochette won't represent Switzerland anymore? I doubt he has a shot to play for Canada at least in u20 but would be a top 6 forward for sure on that roster.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
So is it now certain that Rochette won't represent Switzerland anymore? I doubt he has a shot to play for Canada at least in u20 but would be a top 6 forward for sure on that roster.
I dont think it is certain but i have not inclouded him because he will not play for sure at this tournament i think.(he is a snitch for changing country)

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Forwards
J.gerber-nussbaumer-sopa
Jobin-verboon-schmid
Kohler-weibel-knak
Patry-wetter-vouillamoz
HM:salzgeber,dähler,derungs,christen,

Defens
Berni-gross
Moser-aebischer
Barandun-delemont
HM:baragano,anex,pezullo,henauer,heinen

Schmid
Patenaude
HM:charlin

Good lineup overall but i don't think Delemont should be anywhere near this team right now. While it would be wise to give a 2002 player some experience on this level since the very good dman class of 2000 will not be able to take part in next years tournament id rather give another guy like Meier or Chanton a Chance. Delemonts play in the QMJHL has been desastrous at times and he would be a liablity with his terrible decicion making even on the third pairing. And on the PP Berni and Gross should be on the point of the two units anyway.

On the forward group Yves Stoffel might get in if he continues to produce in the NLB. It would be wise to give him and some other underagres like Knak some experience because next year the chance of relegation is much higher than this year. The solid 2000 class will not be eligible anymore wich will leave a big hole in the roster. The arrangement of the groups will likely also been less favorable than this year so the federation would be wise to look already the 2020 tournament where the danger of relegation will be very imminent. Belarus and Germany have very good Prospects for the next couple of years while we have arguably the worst year of prospects in the 01 class.

Regarding Rochette: Apparently he gave the GM of Hockey Canada a longeterm commitment and is batteling Mono right now so i think the chance of him playing for Switzerland this winter is next to zero. I am not sure if I would even want him back though as it would be unfair to the kid whose spot he would take after he realised he is not good enough to play for Canada. This whole afair isn't shaping up in his favor anyway. If he played for Switerland he would have been on last years team who made it to the Semifinals and would be pretty much garanteed a spot in the tournament for the next three years.

Last edited:

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Good lineup overall but i don't think Delemont should be anywhere near this team right now. While it would be wise to give a 2002 player some experience on this level since the very good dman class of 2000 will not be able to take part in next years tournament id rather give another guy like Meier or Chanton a Chance. Delemonts play in the QMJHL has been desastrous at times and he would be a liablity with his terrible decicion making even on the third pairing. And on the PP Berni and Gross should be on the point of the two units anyway.

On the forward group Yves Stoffel might get in if he continues to produce in the NLB. It would be wise to give him and some other underagres like Knak some experience because next year the chance of relegation is much higher than this year. The solid 2000 class will not be eligible anymore wich will leave a big hole in the roster. The arrangement of the groups will likely also been less favorable than this year so the federation would be wise to look already the 2020 tournament where the danger of relegation will be very imminent. Belarus and Germany have very good Prospects for the next couple of years while we have arguably the worst year of prospects in the 01 class.

Regarding Rochette: Apparently he gave the GM of Hockey Canada a longeterm commitment and is batteling Mono right now so i think the chance of him playing for Switzerland this winter is next to zero. I am not sure if I would even want him back though as it would be unfair to the kid whose spot he would take after he realised he is not good enough to play for Canada. This whole afair isn't shaping up in his favor anyway. If he played for Switerland he would have been on last years team who made it to the Semifinals and would be pretty much garanteed a spot in the tournament for the next three years.
I really forgot about stoffel and schwenninger too, i think one of them should replace patry who i think is still injuried an the other one could go as 13th forward.
I heard that delemont is playing really bad in the qmjhl so maybe he should be replaxed by meier or chanton since ive watched meier in on of the gck games and he really played nice there.I havent watched chanton lately so i cant really say something about his chances of cracking the roster.
And the story with rochette...i think he really betrayed switzerland with deciding playing for canada he was bron and raised here in switzerland and the canadians didnt even want him.
Could you please Post your guess of the line up for the tournament

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Could you please Post your guess of the line up for the tournament

Its hard to predict the lineup since season progression of the players as well as the pre tournament camp and exebition games will factor into the desicion who will be on the final roster.

Here is my prediction anyway assuming Patry stays hurt:

Goalies: Schmid and Hollenstein are the clear cut one and two of the tournament. Both will probably get some opportunity in the group stage and the starter will be determined there. Number 3 will be more likely a younger Goalie. Probably Patenaude despite some terrible QMJHL games on a bad team or maybe even Henauer.

Schmid/Hollenstein
Patenaude or Henauer

Dmen: The D-Corps is our biggest position of strength. I expect all elegible players from last year to return since they played such a good tournament. The last spot on the third pairing might be decided in camp. If we assume Heinen from Davos stays hurt I really think Meier has a got chance to grab the spot since he is less mistake prone than both Delemont and Chanton.

Berni-Aebischer
Moser-Gross
Barandun-Meier

Forwards: The Center depth is by far the biggest weakpoint of this team. Nussbaumer is the 1 C but the order of the other three is hard to predict at this point. Maybe they will play a winger there like you suggested with Weibel.

Gerber-Nussbaumer-Sopa
Jobin-Schmid-Knak
Kohler-Verboon-Stoffel
Derungs-Wetter-Weibel
Vouillamoz

This would be my choice for the Forward lineup. Line composition could vary depending on chemistry. I would already bring in Derungs in a so he could earn experience for next year. I don't think he would do worse than the likes of Christen, Dähler, Schläpfer etc. This F-corps would be rather small though wich is always dangerous on the international stage. So i could see the training staff bring in some more size for one of the more diminutive players. This is also why I left Schwenninger of the roster, even as a 13th forward.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Its hard to predict the lineup since season progression of the players as well as the pre tournament camp and exebition games will factor into the desicion who will be on the final roster.

Here is my prediction anyway assuming Patry stays hurt:

Goalies: Schmid and Hollenstein are the clear cut one and two of the tournament. Both will probably get some opportunity in the group stage and the starter will be determined there. Number 3 will be more likely a younger Goalie. Probably Patenaude despite some terrible QMJHL games on a bad team or maybe even Henauer.

Schmid/Hollenstein
Patenaude or Henauer

Dmen: The D-Corps is our biggest position of strength. I expect all elegible players from last year to return since they played such a good tournament. The last spot on the third pairing might be decided in camp. If we assume Heinen from Davos stays hurt I really think Meier has a got chance to grab the spot since he is less mistake prone than both Delemont and Chanton.

Berni-Aebischer
Moser-Gross
Barandun-Meier

Forwards: The Center depth is by far the biggest weakpoint of this team. Nussbaumer is the 1 C but the order of the other three is hard to predict at this point. Maybe they will play a winger there like you suggested with Weibel.

Gerber-Nussbaumer-Sopa
Jobin-Schmid-Knak
Kohler-Verboon-Stoffel
Derungs-Wetter-Weibel
Vouillamoz

This would be my choice for the Forward lineup. Line composition could vary depending on chemistry. I would already bring in Derungs in a so he could earn experience for next year. I don't think he would do worse than the likes of Christen, Dähler, Schläpfer etc. This F-corps would be rather small though wich is always dangerous on the international stage. So i could see the training staff bring in some more size for one of the more diminutive players. This is also why I left Schwenninger of the roster, even as a 13th forward.
Nice line up! I didnt even thought about the size the team indeed is really small the only „tall“ guys are knak,gerber,verboon and vouillamoz (forwards only) so maybe the should consider giving a taller more physical guy a spot on the roster(any suggestions who?) And it seems like patry is healthy again because he played yesterday for sierre.
Do you think this switzerland team could go far in the tournament?

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Nice line up! I didnt even thought about the size the team indeed is really small the only „tall“ guys are knak,gerber,verboon and vouillamoz (forwards only) so maybe the should consider giving a taller more physical guy a spot on the roster(any suggestions who?) And it seems like patry is healthy again because he played yesterday for sierre.
Do you think this switzerland team could go far in the tournament?

Yeah looking at possible candiates it seems like a lot of prospects are on the smaller side this year. Even more so with their weight than with their height. It was just a general observation that we have a lot of smaller players but its almost always like that with our junior national teams.

I think the knockout stage is a very realistic goal for this team with Kazachstan and Slovakia in our group. I dont think we will go further than that though. Event last year we were only able to advance to the semis because Sweden didn't look as good as usual. This years team seems a bit weaker than last years since Kurashev and a few other good forwards have aged out. I hope the team proves me wrong though...

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I havent seen the Tournament in Slovakia and I still like the roster that I posted here a few Weeks ago. Looking at the stats of that tournament he might mean Mettler who has played a great WJC-18 a couple of years ago. Other possibilities would be Joel Salzgeber and Fabian Berri who i don't really know. In any case everyone who is a possiblity to make the roster will get his chance in the preperation camp...

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
They just posted the roster for perp. Camp

Attachments

• 6B19459C-0C51-4A4A-8575-6C90C149E328.png
    6B19459C-0C51-4A4A-8575-6C90C149E328.png
    679.1 KB · Views: 21

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
what do you think now? what about your suggestions for the lines?[/QUOTE
Looks like the team looks as we expected
Goalies:
Hollenstein(i think he‘s a lock since he’s doing really good for zug)
Schmid(maybe he gets some but i doubt it)
Charlin
D
Gross-aebischer
Moser-berni
Henauer-baragano
Chanton
The d looks really nice they have good depth
Offense
Gerber-nussbaumer-sopa
Verboon-schmid-stoffel
Jobin-wetter-vouilamoz
Weibel-kohler-knak
Wüest
The offense looks solid but they should have some more center depth

PastaBergyMarchy

Apr 8, 2019

I am surprised that Barandun didn't make the team. Defense looks actually pretty good, but the offence is a little bit weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad