Post-Game Talk: Sweet McDavid Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So you would .... disagree .... that it's not ... a contradiction.

I'm gonna need some time to digest this one. ;)
More a condition than a contradiction. The condition being Campbell continues to play well.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Current state of the Oilers fan base: Completely and utterly delusional.

It's like the entire league has a schizophrenic episode when the Leaf's are good, and I would argue we're not even playing close to our potential atm.

upload_2021-3-28_9-0-31.png

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Over there (oilers board) talking about a Matthews pic on McDavid on the winner...yeah they collided right after he passed the puck away...I’m not seeing a pick though but maybe that’s just me :huh: :eyeroll:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Over there (oilers board) talking about a Matthews pic on McDavid on the winner...yeah they collided right after he passed the puck away...I’m not seeing a pick though but maybe that’s just me :huh: :eyeroll:
It's a legal play, since Matthews fills the open space. He uses it to slow McDavid and gain separation

Just a really smart play by Matthews

BTP

Apr 28, 2013

It's like the entire league has a schizophrenic episode when the Leaf's are good, and I would argue we're not even playing close to our potential atm.

View attachment 413841
Its embarrassing that I cant respond to this on their board without getting warned/banned. Is it not a discussion forum?

That guy is delusional

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

View attachment 413841

Can't blame them man. They get more excited when McDavid has points than when the Oilers win. To them, McPoints > wins.

Matthews could have had 4-5 goals last night lol. What game are they watching? McDavid and Draisaitl? One and done shifts with rushes. Rarely do you see them hem our team and take advantage or tire the team.

Matthews? Wears down their team, spends his entire time cycling the puck so even if he doesn't score, the next line up can take advantage and score.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Oilers PGT is straight gold. They honestly think we have the refs in our back pockets :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Really? What about all those holds, when oilers players just momentary grab leafs players to stop their skating and then quickly release like it was nothing? Only one of those was called. And commentators prized oilers with playing “great” defensively. They should be called for all those grabs as soon as arm is on another player.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Can't blame them man. They get more excited when McDavid has points than when the Oilers win. To them, McPoints > wins.

Matthews could have had 4-5 goals last night lol. What game are they watching? McDavid and Draisaitl? One and done shifts with rushes. Rarely do you see them hem our team and take advantage or tire the team.

Matthews? Wears down their team, spends his entire time cycling the puck so even if he doesn't score, the next line up can take advantage and score.
It is kind of ironic them calling Matthews a floater when McDavid went full controller disconnect on the game winner fully in hopes of being able to put the jets back on the other way. They live in another reality.

Reactions: Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It is kind of ironic them calling Matthews a floater when McDavid went full controller disconnect on the game winner fully in hopes of being able to put the jets back on the other way. They live in another reality.

That's the thing. McDavid has after burners and nitro boost level speed lol but it seems like he only uses it to go one way. I've never seen him try and skate back to his own zone the way he skates the other way. He could easily have gotten to that puck and deflected it before Matthews had any chance to get it. But he was hoping for glory the other way and took a risk and it burnt him.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Reading the gdt is hilarious. Do some people ever get tired of throwing out garbage hot takes halfway through a game?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Really? What about all those holds, when oilers players just momentary grab leafs players to stop their skating and then quickly release like it was nothing? Only one of those was called. And commentators prized oilers with playing “great” defensively. They should be called for all those grabs as soon as arm is on another player.
every fan base is bias and think the refs are against them, so when you hear people whining about the refs, just ignore it ... the leafs fans complain about the refs, the play by play guys, the media ...:rolleyes:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Its embarrassing that I cant respond to this on their board without getting warned/banned. Is it not a discussion forum?

That guy is delusional

It's the current Generation unfortunately. People need their Safe Space and debate is less important than Group Think.

Reactions: BTP

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm amazed that so many people give a shit about what Oiler fans think about anything.

Anyhow, great game overall last night. Nice to see us keep pushing and not give up. And good for Campbell's confidence as well, had we lost he'd probably be dwelling on that first goal but as it is, he can hopefully just put it behind him and focus on getting ready for the next one. 3-0 and still undefeated in the Campbell era, keep it going boys!

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
This year we are 6 and 2 against the oilers. Since 2007 to date we are 23 and 8. Safe to say we have been the much better team for the past 14 years.

Is there somewhere that I can find this info rather easily? Would be interesting to see who we have struggled against vs bullied like the Oilers over the last couple years.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Reactions: Eric bungay
Mar 12, 2009
If losing a game made me as upset with a team and a fanbase as the Oiler fans still posting, I would probably quit watching the sport. Meltdown central.
I don't really think we're going to win the cup, but only one team can win and I'm just glad I get to have fun watching games now and again rather than being perpetually miserable like some fanbases with the best player in the world.

Reactions: Eric bungay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad