Tavares .38gpg / 1.13ppg ----- N-Hopkins: .13gpg / 0.38ppg
Nylander .75gpg / 1.25ppg --- Yamamoto .13gpg / 0.25ppg

Depth

Spezza .25gpg / 0.88ppg ------- Archibald .25gpg / 0.25ppg
Hyman .50gpg / 0.75ppg ------- Kassian .20gpg / 0.20ppg

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Leafs were by far the better team. Reading the Oilers board is actually laughable how some of their fans could attribute this loss to bad luck on those 2 goals. Leafs dominated the entire game start to finish. Smith was very fortunate on a couple saves that he made. He sure doesn't look good in the net, but he somehow manages to make saves here and there. If anyone thinks this was a flukey win by the buds, they are f***ing stupid. EDM was very fortunate ti get the single Pt.

upload_2021-3-28_12-40-54.png

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sorry man but McDavid falling there was no dive.

He got bumped by a tree stump -- check the mega thighs.

DllLwjp.png

Yup, Matthews is just a bigger/stronger man. Matthews vs. Draisaitl would lead to some great board battles as both are big and skilled players. McDavid gets interfered with likely more than any NHL player, I for one didn't have any issue with Matthews bumping him off the puck last night, that's called using your size to your advantage. On the flip side McDavid coasted back and did not use his speed to deflect or negate Matthews shot on the OT winner.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Admittedly, gotta be frustrating to be on a huge tear and competing for first, get demolished in a 3 game set and put in the rear view mirror, other team barely plays a game for 3 weeks, you climb back in and do that.

Reactions: kb

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Head to Head this year:

Line 1

Matthews .80gpg / 1.00ppg --- McDavid .38gpg / 1.13ppg
Marner .25gpg / 1.13ppg ------ Draisaitl .63gpg / 1.25ppg

Line 2

Depth

I just had a seizure trying to figure out these new fangled wizard box numbers you young whipper snappers keep showing me .....;)
Phuque ! Now I have Tourette’s because of it ! Phuque !

Reactions: kb and zeke

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I just had a seizure trying to figure out these new fangled wizard box numbers you young whipper snappers keep showing me .....;)
Phuque ! Now I have Tourette’s because of it ! Phuque !

Goals per game and points per game are your vintage, old-timer!

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Goals per game and points per game are your vintage, old-timer!
I’ll go even more old school vintage when I played in 3 different sports ........;)
This is all that mattered to me and anyone I’ve ever played with ....
Did we win the game ?
Did we win the championship?
That’s it !
I mean it !
That’s it ....
Couldn’t care less nor have I ever played or coached anyone openly wayyyy back when that ever cared about their personal stats ...
We literally only cared , lived , Breathed , bled and cried Wins in games and the ultimate winning the championship!

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Head to Head this year:

Line 1

Matthews .80gpg / 1.00ppg --- McDavid .38gpg / 1.13ppg
Marner .25gpg / 1.13ppg ------ Draisaitl .63gpg / 1.25ppg

Line 2

Depth

Why does every opposing team and player have to be the biggest enemy possible? "sweet Mcdavid tears" as an example. We will do the same thing when we face the Jets.

This team has been in "wake us up when it's the playoffs" mode ever since our unexpected run in 2017 against Washington, because you're supposed to add to that success and go deeper every year, we haven't built on playoff success since 17. So sick of regular season hope and success. We know they're a playoff level team and they have been for years.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Who is mcdavid supposed to be envious of in this scenario?

I guess our team that has struggled in reaching the next level like they have over the years, or some random hockey fans watching who played minor hockey years and years ago.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I watch most games all divisions. The top teams will have no problem shutting down our top line. The leafs would be the only north division team making the playoffs if not for Covid.
There would be 4 north division teams in the playoffs. The jets would win enough games with thei scoring and goaltending. You have the best player in the league, who would be dominating just as much against any other team. Montreal would win enough games too. I don’t think you’re even remotely correct.

Reactions: Confucius

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Why does every opposing team and player have to be the biggest enemy possible? "sweet Mcdavid tears" as an example. We will do the same thing when we face the Jets.

This team has been in "wake us up when it's the playoffs" mode ever since our unexpected run in 2017 against Washington, because you're supposed to add to that success and go deeper every year, we haven't built on playoff success since 17. So sick of regular season hope and success. We know they're a playoff level team and they have been for years.

What does that have to do with my post?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There would be 4 north division teams in the playoffs. The jets would win enough games with thei scoring and goaltending. You have the best player in the league, who would be dominating just as much against any other team. Montreal would win enough games too. I don’t think you’re even remotely correct.

Oilers would definitely make the playoffs in the Pacific, there is no real challenge there as all California teams suck right now. Calgary might have made it too.

Central is weird but the Jets have enough talent to make the playoffs as a wild card at the very least if not top 3 of their divison.

Montreal isn't making the playoffs in the Atlantic. Boston would have been a wild card team in the East as top 3 would have been the Florida teams and Toronto.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Not 100% sold on Montreal as the Atlantic would be really tough, but agreed on Winnipeg and Edmonton. The Pacific is terrible outside Vegas.

Reactions: Leaftors
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad