Post-Game Talk: Sweet 16

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I’m not getting the comments about this being a bad game from the Oilers. It looked to me like their best in about 8 games. They shut the Preds down today after they scored a first period goal. This was as close to a perfect game as possible. The only disappointment today was allowing the late goal to cost Skinner his shut out. I’ll take what we saw today every time.
Agreed, though Nashville generated a ton of chances. We bent but didn't break, Stu made some big stops and we got some key defensive plays

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Guys this streak is not legit because we haven’t played a legit contender. We have to literally play the 2002 Wings.

1706399002028.png

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I’m not getting the comments about this being a bad game from the Oilers. It looked to me like their best in about 8 games. They shut the Preds down today after they scored a first period goal. This was as close to a perfect game as possible. The only disappointment today was allowing the late goal to cost Skinner his shut out. I’ll take what we saw today every time.
Preds are a decent team. They played hard today

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Sweet 16 is special. Oilers win this on special teams play with 2 critical PP goals and another perfect PK game. Skinner Winner again with many big saves and a couple fortuitous goal posts. Edmonton own zone structure was a big solid factor. Felt the Oilers were outworked at EV in this game and that began in the face-off dot where Predators top two centres dominated (O'Reilly 75% Draisaitl 20% which may be his worst ever).

Good time for a break and reset to come back and chase down history against an arch rival.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
16 straight wins!!! Not the best game by Oilers but Nashville is a decent team. Leon and McD were great tonight and Perry had a really good debut. His line with Holloway and McLeod is creating some chemistry.

I did not like Ceci's game tonight

Why on Ceci? The guy made like 5+ key clears and just muscled guys off the puck.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This one was the Skinner win. Goalie steals it. With some help from the goalposts and Nashville missing on empty nets. What a game all round.

All 3 games with the Preds they have played us hard.

I don't mind seeing a playoff series like this.

If Preds play like this every night they are making playoffs.

Trouble for Preds is they would be gutted at another result like this.

The Preds have been as good against us this season any team has been.
This isn’t your dad’s Preds team. Brunette has installed a high offense, heavy forecheck system. They play more like your granddad’s Preds team under Trotz when they would clown the Oilers.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Guys this streak is not legit because we haven’t played a legit contender. We have to literally play the 2002 Wings.

View attachment 811789

Man- I just went over there and it's a huge circle jerk of made-up facts, and their own belief system. Apparently, Oilers are at a 40% PP this streak, McDavid gets PPs at will, the league allows goals that should be called back (like, what?).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gonna disagree on this one. Preds worked us for open pucks and worked harder. 2 empty net misses, one from Forsberg who is gimme, and 3 goal posts. Preds also shot wide on a breakaway. They had lots going on, we were looser in own zone tonight.

Gonna be a lot of time to shore that up. But we were getting worked in own zone.

Difference tonight was Oilers having superstar finish and Preds having none. But if the Oilers play well enough to limit chances they're going to win that battle on a lot of nights. Oilers had a lot of looks as well. Shot count lower tonight but both teams had ample serious scoring chances.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad