Post-Game Talk: Sweet 16

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
16!

Skinner was huge in this game. He was very good. Looked all world.

Have to give Nashville some credit. They played hard and they looked better than in previous seasons. I think Brunette is a better coach than he was given credit from his Florida stint.

Kinda a game of old. Got outplayed but the PP and PK was the difference.

Drai, McD, RNH and Hyman got the job done at the end of the day.

Defense was pretty good today. Ek was a force. Bouchard showed poise. Ceci made a lot of key clears. VD made some plays. Nurse and Kulak were skating.

Perry looked good in the first. He made more plays with the puck than I thought he would. That one pass in the first was nice.

McLeod has been a beauty lately. Holloway was working his butt off.

Have to give Brown some credit too. He played hard today.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This one was the Skinner win. Goalie steals it. With some help from the goalposts and Nashville missing on empty nets. What a game all round.

All 3 games with the Preds they have played us hard.

I don't mind seeing a playoff series like this.

If Preds play like this every night they are making playoffs.

Trouble for Preds is they would be gutted at another result like this.

The Preds have been as good against us this season any team has been.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I’m not getting the comments about this being a bad game from the Oilers. It looked to me like their best in about 8 games. They shut the Preds down today after they scored a first period goal. This was as close to a perfect game as possible. The only disappointment today was allowing the late goal to cost Skinner his shut out. I’ll take what we saw today every time.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
A team doesn't post the best season in history without being a legit contender. It's pretty well agreed that there's a good chunk of good fortune involved in winning a Stanley Cup. With that being the case its hard to discredit teams that have good seasons for not winning it all. You can fall short and still be a very good team, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

You got that one in before the thread closed. I'd rather not continue this pointless arguing in circles but I'll say the below and will call it a day on my end.

The bolded aren't the same. Honestly I don't know too many fans that are impressed with winning in the first round in the playoffs (maybe Leafs fans), but it's generally viewed that a legit contender doesn't have a first round exit to a Wild Card team, regardless of how far that WC team goes. The Panthers were a very good team last year that ran out of gas against a very good Vegas team that did have a lot of luck to win it all, I do agree that luck is involved. So perhaps the Bruins would have made the finals if they made it past the Panthers. However, them choking that series lead doesn't really help inspire confidence.

In any case, if the Canucks dominate the playoffs with some scrubs shooting the lights out and Demko continuing to be Hasek, then they are the exception to normalizing averages and deserve praise for defying all odds and expected reality, and I will tip my hat to them.

For the sake of argument, that Bruins team was much more convincing than the Canucks who are riding crazy unsustainable stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad