Music: Swedish Music

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
In this thread we post and discuss Swedish Music.

The songs does not have to be in Swedish! Many Swedish artists/bands sing in english.

Let me present, Petter, hip hop artist.

There is also a history behind this from my point of view. There was a beautiful kurdish women that was 20 years old that worked in my school, and the last day i see her she was borrowing my Petter-CD and was listening loud in the school.....after that she disappeared for several weeks until police found her head in a forest. It was a honor killing by her family. The last song she listed to was "ey yo" and i always think of her when i listening to Petter and especially that "ey yo " song. May she rest in peace.

Last edited:

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Would definitely love some recs to good Swedish folk.

My favorite musician Kristian Matsson(The Tallest Man on Earth) is from Sweden. Saw him the other day and the song that was playing before he took the stage sounded great. Haven't been able to find out what it was.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
kent kent kent! I know a lot of people here prefer metal but for anyone that wants more indie/alternative/synthpop/garage/stadium rock then kent have an awesome 12 album discography. I don't understand them either, this site translates all the lyrics though.

Also a big fan of Sakert/Hello Saferide, The Cardigans, Escobar, The Radio Dept, Broder Daniel, The Hives, and Mando Diao are pretty decent.

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
Here some bands that none mentioned yet, i think.

Makthaverskan

Ceasars

Deportees - Their drummer is really sick, he played live and on record with the french band Phoenix since 2006.

Refused - Legendary hardcore band, disbanded on tour in USA -99 in a basement with like 30 people in the audience. Made a comeback 2012 at Coachella and headlined their second biggest stage.

Broder Daniel - The term "play shoreline" is infamous at Swedish clubs since a few years ago. I dunno how many times I heard it played as the last song of the evening, sort of like Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis is a great last track of a night out.

The Ark - someone in the thread mentioned Melody Club, The Ark is a similiar, great, band.

Håkan Hellström - Sings in Swedish, a real hate it or love it guy. Can't sing for **** but builds an amazing atmosphere. Sold out the Ullevi Stadium twice this summer (approx 150 000 tickets). The biggest domestic artist in Sweden.

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
Would definitely love some recs to good Swedish folk.

My favorite musician Kristian Matsson(The Tallest Man on Earth) is from Sweden. Saw him the other day and the song that was playing before he took the stage sounded great. Haven't been able to find out what it was.

Have you listened to First Aid Kit? They became popularized by a Fleetfoxes cover, Tiger Mountain Peasant Song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad