3. Rögle

J20
1. Linköping
2. Djurgården
3. Örebro

Last edited:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Impressive year for Djurgården. Funny how a lot of complaints were made by Djurgården profiles about the lack of rinks in Sthlm was a main cause for the pro team's decline. The more the better obviously but the sheer volume of players in Stockholm and that Djurgården stand so strong in what kind of talent wants to come there makes that one of the best prospect factories despite Sthlm's problems.

Also fun to see Brynäs with a very "home grown" approach as well. Don't get any extra credit for that but it's like the good old days and shows that hockey culture is strong in that area.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
U20 challenge from Karlstad is pretty fun to watch on svenskhockey.tv national teams from "smaller countries" Italy, France, Hungary, slovenia etc and junior teams from sweden, switzerland

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Really excited about Bystedt and Havelid and the potential season they both could have in the SHL. Anyone able to comment on the outlook for both players this year?

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Really excited about Bystedt and Havelid and the potential season they both could have in the SHL. Anyone able to comment on the outlook for both players this year?

Yeah both have a good shot at taking a regular spot in Linköping's SHL team. Bystedt have seen some ice time in powerplay on the pre season (Hävelid has not, but he has also been injured/fatigue) and looked pretty exciting in general. He holds on to the puck a bit much, which I guess is something he will figure out with some more experience. But he stands out when he strides with the puck and has a kind of smoothness to his game.

Hävelid is in my opinion a more given player in the line up every night, because there's less depth on Linköping's defense than centers. They do have a really solid top 4 in the defense though, so he might not be getting that much PP time for example. I think he's only played one or two pre season games (because of above mentioned status) but already last season he looked right at home in the SHL, even though he didn't create that much offensively. On the plus side I think he looked better than expected without puck in his own zone, being able to hold off big forwards along the boards etc.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Yeah both have a good shot at taking a regular spot in Linköping's SHL team. Bystedt have seen some ice time in powerplay on the pre season (Hävelid has not, but he has also been injured/fatigue) and looked pretty exciting in general. He holds on to the puck a bit much, which I guess is something he will figure out with some more experience. But he stands out when he strides with the puck and has a kind of smoothness to his game.

Hävelid is in my opinion a more given player in the line up every night, because there's less depth on Linköping's defense than centers. They do have a really solid top 4 in the defense though, so he might not be getting that much PP time for example. I think he's only played one or two pre season games (because of above mentioned status) but already last season he looked right at home in the SHL, even though he didn't create that much offensively. On the plus side I think he looked better than expected without puck in his own zone, being able to hold off big forwards along the boards etc.
Thank you so much for your insight. Do you see Bystedt in particular as a guy who takes his game to another level when receiving more ice time? I’m hoping both Bystedt and Havelid get to represent Sweden in the next round of WJC. I have a feeling both guys will benefit from playing on the big stage. Thank you again.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Who are some of the best players playing J20 that come from outside Sweden this season?

Will any see games In SHL?

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Thank you so much for your insight. Do you see Bystedt in particular as a guy who takes his game to another level when receiving more ice time? I’m hoping both Bystedt and Havelid get to represent Sweden in the next round of WJC. I have a feeling both guys will benefit from playing on the big stage. Thank you again.

Well, I guess it's a bit early to tell yet. On junior level he certainly did (being 1st center on the gold winning team), but that's not the same as pro senior level of course.

It looks like he will be on Linköping second powerplay unit at least until Broc Little arrives (so first 5 SHL games), so he has every chance to showcase himself at the start of the SHL. What might hold him back a bit is that Linköping the last few seasons has been a defense first-team with less puck possession and thus offensive/powerplay time. From what I've seen in the pre season he has a bit of work still to be a reliable center defensively.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010

Saw that SHL published an article in English with Filip Bystedt: SHL Spotlight: Filip Bystedt

He's opened the season well, scoring 2+2 in his first four games, but leaving the last four without point. Still getting a decent amount of ice time and a role on the second power play unit.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Any intel on when Mattias Hävelid might be back?
No, it's all very quiet about his injury. He's been on ice a few times, but not in team practice. Niklas "Pajen" Persson said a few days ago that he hoped that he would practice with the team this week, although "I have said that a few weeks now" (roughly quoted).

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Otto Stahre to Mora.

Another result of Frölunda being over stacked with talent on junior level?

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
It sure looks like it. It's a shame they have such a hard time taking advantage of all that talent on the senior level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad