GDT: Sweden vs Austria

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I still think tre kronor should win this, they keep the shifts shortly. I don't see austria steal that one (even though I would be pleased for the swiss coaching staff) but sure austria shouldn't be underestimated

Some betting sites had Sweden winning this game by 1 to 229 odds. So Austria would need 230 games to beat Sweden once and Sweden could (according to them) lose to Austria only once if they met 230 times, with these same exact players.

The question about Sweden isn't today, it's tomorrow against Czechs. Basically they threw that Czech game away.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I don’t understand how Tömmernes didn’t stick in the NHL.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
First wc game i'm attending in person. Not because i'm a fan of either team but because iman avid OEL zone entry enjoyer!

That being said, i'm glad that in the 2nd period austria is in the end i'm watching in :laugh:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The Czech TV commentator somehow forgot about the second SWE goal, then repeated 4 or 5 times that the score is tied at 1. ...

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
That is just a terrible goal to give up. That just can’t happen.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Martin Hostak?

No, this was not him. Hostak is quite OK. But there are a few guys who are almost at the level of the notorious Vaclav Tittelbach: "Stoppage in play ... something out ... across all lines ... icing this is called" (sounded much more absurd in Czech, hard to translate).

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
we are not winning this. swedish players are trying to be fancy. austria is deadly on their counterattacks

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I don’t understand how Tömmernes didn’t stick in the NHL.
I think he's NHL caliber and he could earn way more there, I don't know his family situation (kids etc.) but I could imagine that he likes playing in Geneva without any long roadtrips, quality of life and still decent salary

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
nordström is playing like its stanley cup game 7 final. he played physcial hard like 10 times already. good 4th liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad