GDT: Sweden vs Austria

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
A pity Rossi is not here but Austria should be able to beat GB and also compete with Norway.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Erik Granqvist is the best expert in history. love that guy.
Yeah, Granqvist is great. Södergren is an institution. Norström I don't like, he seems out of touch, mispronounces name, doesn't seem to know well-known players etc.

I watched some of the Canada - Germany game. Lindqvist mentioned early in the game that it was a shame that Driedger didn't start because he and Grubauer are teammates. Then during the game there was a shot of Thompson and Grubauer and Norström said something like "they get along well the teammates ". Then Lindqvist pointed out "no, that is Thompson not Driedger". Norström didn't seemed like he understood his mistake and Lindqvist had to tell him that it is Driedger and Grubauer who are teammates.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden so far is terrible. Can see why you don't like the coach lol.
He genuinley thinks that hockey is all about the fourth line. And not about the fifty other minutes of the game that are generally played. That is a problem.

Reactions: FinPanda

swissdude

May 18, 2019
He genuinley thinks that hockey is all about the fourth line. And not about the fifty other minutes of the game that are generally played. That is a problem.
Wasn't he rather a skilled player and not a grinder himself as far as I remember? Strange that he prefers that brand of hockey

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Wasn't he rather a skilled player and not a grinder himself as far as I remember? Strange that he prefers that brand of hockey
You probably have a better grasp than me of Garpenlöv the player I only really know about him as a coach.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Cant see us winning this.

Reasons:

Only 3 forward lines.
Horrible forwards
Horrible coaches
Horrible goalies
Austria is actually good. Very underated hockeynation.

We have better D than Austria but thats it.

Last game beetwen this 2 nations was 2 weeks ago, Austria was better and should have won. And its almost same rosters now.

Is there a team in the world that isn’t better than Sweden?

The act is getting tired.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, Granqvist is great. Södergren is an institution. Norström I don't like, he seems out of touch, mispronounces name, doesn't seem to know well-known players etc.

I watched some of the Canada - Germany game. Lindqvist mentioned early in the game that it was a shame that Driedger didn't start because he and Grubauer are teammates. Then during the game there was a shot of Thompson and Grubauer and Norström said something like "they get along well the teammates ". Then Lindqvist pointed out "no, that is Thompson not Driedger". Norström didn't seemed like he understood his mistake and Lindqvist had to tell him that it is Driedger and Grubauer who are teammates.
Thats funny about Norström. Im watching Denmark - Kazaksthan right now. Per Forsberg said some curiosa that Ålborg won the danish league, Norström had no idea what to reply to it, he just mumbled some random words like "ehm,,ah, yes..". :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: He did not even have to reply to that but he did. Not kicking on him for that thought, its the danish league ffs. But still, it was funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad