Votes: 65 53.7%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Forsberg Landeskog, maybe Nylander for Sweden on the flanks

Landeskog, Zib and Forsberg/Nylander is a better option

Its basically a toss up. Sweden’s top two lines are basically interchangeable. Sweden has superior depth over Finland we all know that, but as far as top 5 goes it’s really close.

Aho >~ Pettersson/Forsberg
Barkov >~ Zibanejad
Rantanen >~ Bratt/Landeskog/Nylander

Heiskanen < Dahlin/Hedman
Maatta/Lindell << Karlsson

Small edge to Sweden still IMO

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Its basically a toss up. Sweden’s top two lines are basically interchangeable. Sweden has superior depth over Finland we all know that, but as far as top 5 goes it’s really close.

Aho >~ Pettersson/Forsberg
Barkov >~ Zibanejad
Rantanen >~ Bratt/Landeskog/Nylander

Heiskanen < Dahlin/Hedman
Maatta/Lindell << Karlsson

Small edge to Sweden still IMO

Rantanen/Nylander/Landeskog I would have a hard time choosing between them, game breaking talent Nylander, hard working productive Physical leader, Landeskog, power forward with skill and size, Rants...

The rest I can agree with

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Can’t agree with you on this. When Olympic rosters are put together you usually see centres playing on the wing. Teams put the best players they have out. Ignoring this, the OP even stipulated top 5 not specifically how you’d deploy them in game.

Laine is not getting consideration here.

I get that it was a fantasy situation, just in the real world Laine would be attached to Barkov and Aho would center his own line.

In a fantasy situation Barkov and Aho are both so dominant on the puck that they would have majority of possession and one less than optimal defenseman wouldn't put a dent in that. They are both some of the greatest play driving centers today and the puck just stays on them.

Last edited:

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Laine hype train was over in 2018, get back to reality. He is barely producing at 0,5ppg today, while being trash at own end at his "peak" years. Rantanen is so clear of him.
Laine is still very hyped in Finland. And he would be a perfect fit for the first line were he could float around and cherry pick without playing any defense, while Barkov, Aho and Heiskanen do the heavy lifting defensively.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
If I cast my vote based on this season, it's Sweden. Without doubt.

Coming into this season I would probably have voted for Finland, because of stronger forwards. But then again, if we count EK65 as a forward too I think Sweden wins. Hedman is better than both Heiskanen and Määttä together. ;)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Maatta clearly the weak link but I got it 3-0 for the forwards favouring Finland.
My team Finland would be:

Hintz - Barkov - Rantanen
Heiskanen - Lindell

Saros

Really think the speed of Hintz would be great with Barkov and Rantanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad