Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Finland

Votes: 65 53.7%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
*Top line as in best possible top 5. Not necessarily how they’d be deployed in a real game.

Sweden

Pettersson - Zibanejad - Bratt
Dahlin/Hedman - Karlsson

Finland

Aho - Barkov - Rantanen
Heiskanen - Maatta

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Homer vote for Sweden but it's really a toss up, slightly prefer Finlands forwards and slightly prefer Swedens dmen(Although I am not so sure I would have Karlsson there).

Reactions: jetsforever

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Sweden's D is better, but Finland's forwards sre better. Hmmm. I choose Finland.

zzs06

Jul 11, 2017
Finlands forwards are much better. Matta is the worst player of the bunch but overall I take Finland for sure

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Fun fact, even though it’s a bit irrelevant here and I agree the Finnish group of forwards is slightly better, this season the Swedish group of 5 has 86 points, the Finnish group 56

Reactions: centipede2233

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Are Finland's forwards even that much better? Those three Swedes are out producing the three Finns by 52pts to 42pts. The Finn forwards are better defensively, but overall I don't think there's a huge difference. And then you have Määttä in defence, Sweden should win the paper matchup.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Maatta is a massive weak link against top international competition. I think it should be Lindell as others have stated above. But based on the rosters in the OP, I think you have to take Sweden even if Finland has an edge at all three forward spots. The drop off to Sweden is still first line talent and none of the Fins are named McDavid or Gretzky.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
I just get sad when I see the lack of Swedish star forwards nowadays...

Finland wins

//Swede

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Laine hype train was over in 2018, get back to reality. He is barely producing at 0,5ppg today, while being trash at own end at his "peak" years. Rantanen is so clear of him.

It would be Laine-Barkov-Rantanen anyway, there is no way Aho plays wing when he's an elite center.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Swedish D should be Hedman-Dahlin

Finland must have someone better than Matta? I know he's improved but still...

Reactions: Honest M

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Swedish D should be Hedman-Dahlin

Finland must have someone better than Matta? I know he's improved but still...
Would it even matter much with Aho and Barkov on the ice at the same time? They'll have the puck. The whole time.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Forsberg Landeskog, maybe Nylander for Sweden on the flanks

Landeskog, Zib and Forsberg/Nylander is a better option

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
It would be Laine-Barkov-Rantanen anyway, there is no way Aho plays wing when he's an elite center.

Can’t agree with you on this. When Olympic rosters are put together you usually see centres playing on the wing. Teams put the best players they have out. Ignoring this, the OP even stipulated top 5 not specifically how you’d deploy them in game.

Laine is not getting consideration here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad