Which line is currently better?

• Total voters

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Give me Finlands forwards all day.

Karlsson is just going to get worse and worse until he retires. Seems like people didn't watch him this last season at all. He is a shell of the player he was. Ottawa killed it with that trade

Reactions: biturbo19

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Imagine actually thinking this.
You mean like most of hfboards?
622202015735.jpg

Looks to me like barkov is 6 players better than pettersson

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
That RD disparity between Karlsson & Vatanen is the biggest of these proposed top-lines. The forward groups are pretty close, all elite talents, and Heiskanen is a good defenseman...but Vatanen has no business with these other nine players.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Voted too close to call, since I was slightly looking into the future. Then I saw the "currently" underliner and immediately regretted. If I could, I would change my vote to Sweden's top line. I like Finland's forwards quite a bit more, but the difference isn't big enough to close the gap on the defence.

datboichoi

May 26, 2020
Barkov’s two/way dominance is an urban legend created by people who don’t actually watch hockey or even follow statistics and since no one watches or gives a f*** about the Florida Panthers this unbelievable hoax of a notion has been able to live on for years.

Pettersson was top 3 in the league in WAR and GAR, he’s obviously better than Barkov at ice hockey but hockey fans are sheep that follow trends.

Pettersson > Barkov at ice hockey.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Which line is currently better?

Sweden:

Nylander - Pettersson - Zibanejad
Hedman - Karlsson

Finland:

Aho - Barkov - Rantanen
Heiskanen - Vatanen
Isn’t Laine Finnish? Did you just pick five guys, and not necessarily the best guys?

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Aho > Nylander
Barkov > Pettersson
Rantanen> Zib

Hedman >= Heiskanen
Karlsson > Risto

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
That RD disparity between Karlsson & Vatanen is the biggest of these proposed top-lines. The forward groups are pretty close, all elite talents, and Heiskanen is a good defenseman...but Vatanen has no business with these other nine players.
Yep Vatanen is mediocre. Who else you gonna put there? Ristolainen? He's honestly barely any better if you ask me, he'd get eaten alive by these top level players.

I'd have Esa Lindell there I guess, but that's hardly a sexier choice than Vatanen. Maybe I'm missing someone?

Reactions: 67Leafs67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad